+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Oct 24, 2013
Thank a lot Varun. Congratulations to you. I hope its all works out in 20-30 days for me.
M

varun.jasti said:
Hi friend,

It might take at least another 20-30 days for your paper based application to be processed.
I just posted my timeline here... Have a look at it...Hope that will help you to estimate your time line roughly...

Thanks,
Varun

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Hi Guys

Can anyone post the email address for queries for NYC online applications.

Thanks
Patrick

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
tech.next315 said:
guys, i got the request for passport today. ;D

I applied on July 23rd and got the response today October 25, Online, ICT, WP
Congrats Brother.. awesome....

Mine is Aug1st..hoping to hear soon by next week....

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
Thanks Guys.....

Now need support on how to send the passport to consulate.... its confusing how they have explained....

Is anyone out there who has applied online and sent the passport for WP?

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
gzheng said:
Yes, I sent to this address. Did you?
Hi gzheng, so did you include an extra 9 X 12 envelope ? how did you send it, via speedpost etc? Can you share those details? its the passport we are sending any precautions we have to take as I will be sending the passport for the 1st time.

do they tell you once they have received the passport?

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Hi gzheng, so did you include an extra 9 X 12 envelope ? how did you send it, via speedpost etc? Can you share those details? its the passport we are sending any precautions we have to take as I will be sending the passport for the 1st time.
Hi Tech, me too first time. What I did was:
1. Bring letter and passport to USPS;
2. Pick two Priority Express envelops (they are 12.5 X 9.5);
3. Go to counter, tell them I want send one out with one (pre-paid) inside;
4. Accountant gave two Mailing Labels; I wrote one label as outbound mail, one label as inbound;
5. Accountant put a stamp (you will pay later) on future inbound envelope;
6. Put letter, passport, inbound envelope into outbound envelope, seal, weight, and pay $;

Note: you do not have to include back envelope, without it passport will be sent back using normal mail.

Hope I did it right as well.

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
^ that's exactly what i did to send my passport to the NYC consulate.

also, does anybody know how long it takes them to stamp the visa in the passport and send it back with express mail?

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
Thanks gzheng for detailed info....
another question.... so we send the passport & the passport request letter ..... ANYTHING ELSE WE HAVE TO SEND?
gzheng said:
Hi Tech, me too first time. What I did was:
1. Bring letter and passport to USPS;
2. Pick two Priority Express envelops (they are 12.5 X 9.5);
3. Go to counter, tell them I want send one out with one (pre-paid) inside;
4. Accountant gave two Mailing Labels; I wrote one label as outbound mail, one label as inbound;
5. Accountant put a stamp (you will pay later) on future inbound envelope;
6. Put letter, passport, inbound envelope into outbound envelope, seal, weight, and pay $;

Note: you do not have to include back envelope, without it passport will be sent back using normal mail.

Hope I did it right as well.

msiva1981

Jun 22, 2013
Mine was a paper application June 24. I got an email today that my application is approved. Please see body of the letter that was attached with the email. Do you know how long it takes to receive passport from here?

"Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the

requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or

work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also

enter no later than the visa validity date.

This letter is not a passport or travel identification, and it is not a legal authorization permitting you to enter or

remain in Canada.

To facilitate your arrival in Canada, inform the officer of the reason for your visit (study or work) and present this

letter with your passport. United States citizens entering Canada from the U.S. may show proof of citizenship (a

birth certificate or a naturalization certificate, and photo identification) instead of a passport. United States

permanent residents entering Canada from the U.S. may show their “green card” instead of a passport and

photo identification. Your passport or U.S. travel identification must be valid, and must be valid beyond the

period you intend to remain in Canada. If it is not, the validity of your study or work permit will likely be limited to

correspond to the validity date of your passport or U.S. travel identification.

In some provinces or territories, students and foreign workers are not eligible for public health insurance. You

must ensure that you and any dependants have adequate health-care insurance or financial resources to cover

possible contingencies. Further information is available from the ministry of health of the province or territory in

which you intend to study or work.

If you have a work permit, please be aware that foreign workers are protected by labour and employment laws.

You are entitled to work in a safe workplace where your health is protected. If an employer does not pay the

wages to which you are entitled, you can file a complaint with the federal or provincial/territorial department

responsible for employment standards."

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siva, Did you apply in-person at the Canada Embassy, NY or sent the paper application over mail?

I also applied on 24-Jun-2013. Mine is a ICT WP paper application inperson submission.

msiva1981

Jun 22, 2013
WP_Jun13 said:
Siva, Did you apply in-person at the Canada Embassy, NY or sent the paper application over mail?

I also applied on 24-Jun-2013. Mine is a ICT WP paper application inperson submission.
Mine is ICT WP as well.. I submitted through mail to the Canadian Embassy in NY..