+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
gzheng said:
First appreciate all the previous posts here.

Share my time-line: I got a message from CIC on Oct 22, requesting passport. I submitted WP online through MyCIC on June 30th. Later, I had inquiry of status and feedback showed that NY Consulate evaluated my application. I sent my passport to NY Consulate yesterday.
Congrats gzheng

but its So Strange and wierd....Another person, Bulg_WP applied on july 8th, and he recieved his approval on October 11th.
You applied on June 30th and got ur approval on Oct22nd.

No idea, what process is considered for approvals...

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
gzheng said:
First appreciate all the previous posts here.

Share my time-line: I got a message from CIC on Oct 22, requesting passport. I submitted WP online through MyCIC on June 30th. Later, I had inquiry of status and feedback showed that NY Consulate evaluated my application. I sent my passport to NY Consulate yesterday.
did you send your passport to this address?

EAPP
Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10020

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
tech.next315 said:
This is strange that i got the response that consulate is processing July 18th and June 29th is being processed now ...

Dont they mention the address in the email requesting you the passport..... if it doesnt have any personal info, can you paste the letter here
there is no address to send the passport to in the email i received from CIC. there is a link, however, which has the address i mentioned in my previous message (www.cic.gc.ca/submit ) which brings you to this page: www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp#U
i found the address there.

the letter just says that i should send my original passport within 30 days of receiving that letter and that the address is given in the link i posted above.

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
rajthilakICT said:
Congrats gzheng

but its So Strange and wierd....Another person, Bulg_WP applied on july 8th, and he recieved his approval on October 11th.
You applied on June 30th and got ur approval on Oct22nd.

No idea, what process is considered for approvals...
Hello rajthilakICT,

Thanks. I am aware of some people are ahead me. From reply of my inquiries (for application status), I was told there are checks needed. So I guess that explained the time lag in my app.

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
darxider said:
did you send your passport to this address?

EAPP
Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10020
Yes, I sent to this address. Did you?

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
gzheng said:
Yes, I sent to this address. Did you?
i was away on a trip and just got back in town tonight. i will send to that address tomorrow, first thing in the morning. thanks for confirming :)

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WP_Jun13 said:
Thanks Varun. I understand. Wish you all the best.
Hello all,

This is the reply I have received for my query from new york consulate. Happy to see it.

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Your application has been finalized and all your original documents have been sent to you via regular on October 22, 2013. They were sent to the mailing address on your application

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
varun.jasti said:
Hello all,

This is the reply I have received for my query from new york consulate. Happy to see it.

Dear Sir/Madame,

Your application has been finalized and all your original documents have been sent to you via regular on October 22, 2013. They were sent to the mailing address on your application

Immigration Section
New York, NY, USA
Congrats Varun

msiva1981

Jun 22, 2013
varun.jasti said:
Hello all,

Dear Sir/Madame,

Immigration Section
New York, NY, USA
Congrats.. could you keep us posted on how long it takes for you to receive your documents
I'm still waiting to hear from them about mine. Looking at the message above, its amazing that something through VAC would get higher priority than applications that have been pending for months in the queue..

Oct 24, 2013
Hi All,

I just got a reply this morning about my Paper based WP application send to NY on 17th July 2013.....

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on June 14, 2013.[/glow]

Does Anyone know how long it should take after they start processing on an application.
This is getting so mad, I have never waited 3 month for a WP before.

M

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WP_Jun13 said:
Varun, could you pls let us know if you got any update?
Hi all,

I got the work permit approval letter today from New York consulate.
My passport has been posted back to me on October 22. So I should be receiving it tomorrow or Monday.

My Time Line for you guys...

LMO based work permit application
Am inside Canada as a visitor
Applied to New York Consulate through mail (paper based)
Applied date : 13 June 2013
Application processed on 21 October, 2013 (This is the date on my work permit approval letter)
My passport posted back from New York consulate : 22 October, 2013
My lawyer received the work permit approval letter today,through email. (24 October, 2013)

So, expecting my passport back in 1 or 2 days. Will let you guys know, once I receive it.

Hope this info helps the friends here for paper based applications.
Wishing you guys all the very best, for both paper based and online applicants.
Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks,
Varun

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mapleleaf_Canada said:
Hi All,

I just got a reply this morning about my Paper based WP application send to NY on 17th July 2013.....

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on June 14, 2013.[/glow]

Does Anyone know how long it should take after they start processing on an application.
This is getting so mad, I have never waited 3 month for a WP before.

M
Hi friend,

It might take at least another 20-30 days for your paper based application to be processed.
I just posted my timeline here... Have a look at it...Hope that will help you to estimate your time line roughly...

Thanks,
Varun

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh my God.

On 16-Oct they said they are finalizing applications received on 12-Jun.
Today they are saying they are finalising applications recieved on 14-Jun?

Only 2 days moved in 1 week??

I applied on 24-Jun. I thought I can expect by 31-Oct looks like it's going to be more.