+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any update on the paper application?

on 24-Sep they said 14-May and on 08-Oct someone said it's 28-May .. that also looks like a day for a day ...

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WP_Jun13 said:
Any update on the paper application?

on 24-Sep they said 14-May and on 08-Oct someone said it's 28-May .. that also looks like a day for a day ...
Hi all… paper applications,as of today…

I exactly applied on June 12 (paper based) and now they are processing June 12th applications.
Will keep u guys updated, if i get any result within the next 2-3 days.

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on June 12, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

PCool

Sep 26, 2013
I submitted the application online on July 10 and just got approved today. Should I send my passport to VAC by mail or directly by mail to the visa office? Which one is faster?

Submit your passport at the visa application centre

You can submit your passport(s) by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

The passport request letter you received from CIC
Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
Check the website of your closest visa application centre (VAC) for more information:

New York, USA
Submit your passport at the visa office
To submit by mail or courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, as well as a Pre-paid flat rate U.S. Postal Service "Express Mail envelope" (9"x12")with the following information:

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Congrats Pcool.

Technext- guess you might here a good news in a weeks time.. all the best,

I got a query for my email - Online Application Status of Wednesday, October 16th.

Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 11, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

New York, NY, USA

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Hello Pcool,
Congrats. share with us when you get your passport back with stamping done and process you used to submit the passports so that we can guess how much time it is taking them these days to stamp the visas on passport. I heard it takes around 7 days?
Can any one how recently got stamping done respond!

rajthilakICT said:
Congrats Pcool.

I got a query for my email - Online Application Status of Wednesday, October 16th.

Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 11, 2013

Immigration Section

New York, NY, USA

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
Yes man. I am hoping to get something end of next week.... July 23rd ...

rajthilakICT said:
Congrats Pcool.

Dear Sir/Madame,

Immigration Section

New York, NY, USA

postdoc

Oct 18, 2013
Just to let you know I applied online for a non-LMO workpermit while on a visit visa in Canada on July 14th and got my passport request today!

Hope this provides some hope for the rest of you waiting on approvals

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
postdoc said:
Just to let you know I applied online for a non-LMO workpermit while on a visit visa in Canada on July 14th and got my passport request today!

Hope this provides some hope for the rest of you waiting on approvals
Thats awesome..... so its a intra company transfer?

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Thats awesome..... so its a intra company transfer?
Thanks Post doc. thats great news. congrats.

if you have aplied a non LMO at NYC, it must be a ICT..
tech next..you probably mught hear the gud news in a few days. keeping fingers crossed.

postdoc

Oct 18, 2013
It as a brand new work permit. All work permit applications by visitors to Canada go to ny.. but it was online so I guess technically it could have been processed anywhere :p

Cana_ICT

Oct 18, 2013
Hi Everyone,

This is a very good thread which gives an overall view of what is going on. I applied for ICT through VAC on Oct. 4 2013. My attorney prepared the documents and send it to me to send to VAC. The application was received by VAC on Oct. 4, 2013 and was submitted to the consulate on Oct. 7th, 2013. It shows the status as Under Consideration. By looking at the trends I do not know how long it is going to take. :(

Cana_ICT

Oct 18, 2013
skpan said:
Hi,

It seems processing of WP through VAC is really fast. I have submitted my ICT WP application in person at NY VAC in the beginning of Oct 2013. . The approval came within 1 week.

My employer's attorney has informed me there are others who applied by mail at NY VAC ( Not directly to consulate) and they got approval in 3/4 weeks time.

I recommend if possible apply in person at VAC.
I have send the ICT application to VAC by mail. The application was prepared by my employer's attorney and was submitted by mail. Online status shows under consideration. Is there anyone who has submitted the application by mail through VAC

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varun.jasti - did you get any update ??

anyone got any update on the paper WP application submitted in person at Canadian Consulate NY ??

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WP_Jun13 said:
varun.jasti - did you get any update ??

anyone got any update on the paper WP application submitted in person at Canadian Consulate NY ??
Hi WP, not yet. Mine is LMO based work permit application(paper based).
I did not submit in person.
I am in Canada as a visitor now.
I sent my application to NYC consulate through mail.
My application reached the consulate on the morning of June 13. So they might have processed it yesterday or most likely today.
So hoping that my lawyer will get an email on monday or so…

Thanks,
Varun