+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sanwait

Apr 2, 2013
dchinmay said:
Yes, you can apply for a H1 to B2 Change of status. and based on that, can stay in US. FYI. I have sent an email to withdraw my application. Enough of this waiting game.
I was planning to go next week to NY to inquire about this. If that doesn't help i will withdraw and bring my passport back as i cant trust them ti mail passport as i have to leave US in 10 days. Also i was told i can still apply from India with my LMO approval.

drnas77

Dec 21, 2012
I am trying to find if I am eligible to apply online. It asks you a set of questions, which I answered, selecting work permit as my intention of coming to Canada. It asks if you need to make an application for a family member - when I fill in details for my wife - its asking why she wants to come to Canada - visit, work, study, transit. It doesn't give an option of other or dependent spouse. Without answering that question nobody can proceed on the application. Should I select visit, since my wife is not planning to study or work in Canada?

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
i applied for food counter attendant. i called cic earlier today and the suggestion was to extend the trv. And you were right. next week ill be making my online extension if the passport still not delivered.

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
Purplebutterfly said:
To Chelessii76,

Are you applying for a live in caregiver program?
Nope, I am applying as an early childhood educator. I will be needing a medical but have not heard any yet from consulate. Are you applying with medical too?

ulemum

Aug 30, 2012
I applied for a live in caregiver program work permit in nov 2012. After waiting for 4 months, my application has been denied. The reasons given does not make sense because I send all the documents through mail and some through fax. I don't know whether they did not receive the ones I sent through fax. It really sucks after waiting all this time.

I was thinking of applying student visa, but don't know if I can get it. Or just reapply the work permit.

Does anyone know how it works??

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
Completely submitted on July 12, 2013
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
chellesii76 said:
Nope, I am applying as an early childhood educator. I will be needing a medical but have not heard any yet from consulate. Are you applying with medical too?
Yes, in my case I am still waiting for my employer's positive LMO which will be released hopefully last week of april and will start applying for the visa on May. Did you mail your application? How many months is your processing? Could you post your timeline here? Thanks!

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
Completely submitted on July 12, 2013
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
ulemum said:
I applied for a live in caregiver program work permit in nov 2012. After waiting for 4 months, my application has been denied. The reasons given does not make sense because I send all the documents through mail and some through fax. I don't know whether they did not receive the ones I sent through fax. It really sucks after waiting all this time.

I was thinking of applying student visa, but don't know if I can get it. Or just reapply the work permit.

Does anyone know how it works??
In your case, maybe you could ask your employer if he hasn't found replacement after your visa denial because he might used the LMO for your replacement. Is the LMO application of your employer in Canada included in your 4 months? Or only when you started mailing your application? Thanks

sanwait

Apr 2, 2013
vamsee.gourishetty said:
Guys instead of withdrawing the applications, I would recommend you to stop by the consulate.
I visited New York Consulate in Person today and here is my experience.

Be there at about 8.00 AM . You have to stand outside till 8.30 AM. They will let u in the building after 8.30 AM.

In the building you will be asked the reason for you to be there. Mine case i told them i am waiting for past 2 months and would like to see urgent processing can be done as my Visa in USA expires in 1 week. So they gave me urgent processing form and token. My number came and the lady asked me if i will withdraw my application if they think they cannot process the application today. I said yes.It sucks they don't consider urgent processing for Work permit even u waited for 2 months and cant wait much.

After 40 minutes she called me back with the reason this cannot be processed on urgent basis and gave me my passports. Mine was work permit but i have seen if u just need TRV u can get on the same day.

So guys i am leaving...Good luck to you all.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
ulemum said:
Does any one know if you can take toefl test instead of ielts test
Hi,

Toefl is unacceptable in Canada only IELTS or CELPIP for english or TEF for french :)

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
sanwait said:
I visited New York Consulate in Person today and here is my experience.

Be there at about 8.00 AM . You have to stand outside till 8.30 AM. They will let u in the building after 8.30 AM.

In the building you will be asked the reason for you to be there. Mine case i told them i am waiting for past 2 months and would like to see urgent processing can be done as my Visa in USA expires in 1 week. So they gave me urgent processing form and token. My number came and the lady asked me if i will withdraw my application if they think they cannot process the application today. I said yes.It sucks they don't consider urgent processing for Work permit even u waited for 2 months and cant wait much.

After 40 minutes she called me back with the reason this cannot be processed on urgent basis and gave me my passports. Mine was work permit but i have seen if u just need TRV u can get on the same day.

So guys i am leaving...Good luck to you all.

Hey Sanwait,

Good luck and I am sure you will have a faster and a much less frustrating experience at New Delhi Consulate. Thanks for letting us know your experience.

BVL702

Mar 18, 2013
I'm on my 11th week of waiting this friday. Should have applied online. Frustrating...
@ dchinmay and Sanwait, so sorry to hear how it turned out. I hope you have better experiences in the future.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
BVL702 said:
I'm on my 11th week of waiting this friday. Should have applied online. Frustrating...
@ dchinmay and Sanwait, so sorry to hear how it turned out. I hope you have better experiences in the future.
Hi,

If you don't mind are you applying for TWP for ICT (Intra Company Transfer)? :)