+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
saleemjosh said:
Congrats guys...
They entered processing November's applications.
Jas-Dhillon 90 prediction become true (about processing Nov applications in Feb itself)... Good one Sir.
Thanks man! I don't mind if they take this whole month to process November applications. I seem to be well in before my Visa expires. :) I am just hoping for positive news soon. And goodluck to all those waiting.

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
ict1canada said:
Hi folks,
Today I recd.the magic email asking to submit original passport.
here is the timeline.
Oct 18th applied online.
Approval recd. 10th feb.
Sending passport on 12th feb.
My son has not got the request for passport so need to check with attorney and send his passport.
Hang in there each one of you. All the best.
congrats ICT1 . you must be really relieved now.

By the way guys - would like to know how long are they taking for sending the passport back after NYC receives it. I mean would like to know recent timelines ?
I had sent for stamping on 3rd (with prepaid express envelope) and as per USPS tracking they received on 5th. Waiting for passport return .

thanks

kattacanada

Feb 10, 2014
Thanks ict1canada and good luck to your son. Thank you jas_dhillon90 and saleemjosh.
I have same question as Shku_2704 has… Please anyone tell us when shall we expect our passports back? (I am planning to send tomorrow). Thanks again.

Forums.173

Nov 26, 2013
Thanks! All and congrates ICT1Canada...good luck for ur son.
Shku_2704...did u check return envelop status?
I sent my passport on 2/10.

vinter

Dec 29, 2013
Congrats everyone who got their approvals and thanks for posting the updates.. Good that CIC has picked up real well this month after a long period of stagnation.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Thank you everyone. :D
I see no updates on the timeline for passport stamping.
I am planning to send ours tomorrow.

According to my Attorney they said 5-7 working days.

hope that helps.
Hang in there Shku_2704 you will rec. it this week. Did you check with the tracking no.?

saleemjosh

Star Member
May 5, 2009
ict1canada said:
Thank you everyone. :D
I see no updates on the timeline for passport stamping.
I am planning to send ours tomorrow.

According to my Attorney they said 5-7 working days.

hope that helps.
Hang in there Shku_2704 you will rec. it this week. Did you check with the tracking no.?
When I submitted for visit visa for Canada, they asked my passport on wednesday (I think it was 23rd October). I sent our passports on the same day with a letter requesting for quick processing or passport stamping and returning.
Passport received by NY-embassy next day(it was thursday). They posted back to me it on Friday. Postman came to my building monday to deliver. As I Was at work he did not leave it to the door-man,.. instead postman asked me to come to postoffice/USPS and collect it. I went on Tuesday morning to collect it. Tuesday afternoon the postman delivered my wife's passport.
So it takes 5-7 days. At the same time it looks like passports received for stamping will be posted on friday every week (although i m not sure). So you can expect next monday/tuesday. Hope it gives you an idea.
That was my experience.
Now I am waiting for my work permit visa approval.

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
None - File updated 11/30/2013
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
ict1canada said:
Hi folks,
Today I recd.the magic email asking to submit original passport.
here is the timeline.
Oct 18th applied online.
Approval recd. 10th feb.
Sending passport on 12th feb.
My son has not got the request for passport so need to check with attorney and send his passport.
Hang in there each one of you. All the best.
Congrats ICT1canada.

I applied online on 25th Oct with LMO. Still waiting, hopefully couple of days more.

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
Hi, I see some members who applied for ICT during November receiving request for passport. My attorney applied my application on Nov15 2013 and I still waiting to hear back from CIC.
Will update if I hear anything from CIC.

Also, If experts on this thread can please let me know if there is a need for medical exam too for people applying from US(I hv been living in USA since last 4 years). Will I have to go for a medical exam too??

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi Max_Ash,
Check with your attorney regarding the status. Rajthilak's friend applied in nov.15th and recd. passport request yesterday. I don't think you need to get medicals done. Please follow up there can be delay in communication.
Max_ash said:
Hi, I see some members who applied for ICT during November receiving request for passport. My attorney applied my application on Nov15 2013 and I still waiting to hear back from CIC.
Will update if I hear anything from CIC.

Also, If experts on this thread can please let me know if there is a need for medical exam too for people applying from US(I hv been living in USA since last 4 years). Will I have to go for a medical exam too??

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
veer2012 said:
Congrats ICT1canada.

I applied online on 25th Oct with LMO. Still waiting, hopefully couple of days more.
Please do let us know as soon as you get your approval. It has to be in couple of days. I am still relying on your approval because I applied with LMO too.

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
ict1canada said:
Hi Max_Ash,
Check with your attorney regarding the status. Rajthilak's friend applied in nov.15th and recd. passport request yesterday. I don't think you need to get medicals done. Please follow up there can be delay in communication.

Thanks for the reply ict1canada.

Update: My attorney received an email from CIC asking for my passport and letting us know tht my ICT is approved!! :) :) :)
Still not clear if I will have to go for medicals, but will all know if my attorney asks for tht(hope fully not)

Below are my complete details for other members to benefit:

Application filled date: 11/11/2013
Application type: ICT(not sure if it was with LMO, i guess it was not, as i heard in ICT u dnt need LMO)
Response received: on 2/12/2014 5:00PM CST
Will be sending passport tomorrow early morning through Fedex using express delivery which will deliver passport to my attorney in Canada by 10AM 2/14/2014

All the best to other guys and Thanks a ton to the moderators & group for keeping everyone updated. Hatts off!!

k-goodnews

Feb 12, 2014
ICT, non-LMO application on Nov 8, 2013.
Applied through the attorney in Canada (application submitted online)
Received an email to send my passport Feb 12 at 1pm
Passport sent at 3pm using USPS Express to be delivered tomorrow at noon.
I've been in the US for 5yrs, no medicals requested.

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
k-goodnews said:
ICT, non-LMO application on Nov 8, 2013.
Applied through the attorney in Canada (application submitted online)
Received an email to send my passport Feb 12 at 1pm
Passport sent at 3pm using USPS Express to be delivered tomorrow at noon.
I've been in the US for 5yrs, no medicals requested.
Are you sending your passport to a Canada address(your attorney)? if yes, how is it getting delivered so soon?
I was checking delivery options at USPS and was unable to see USPS express. They hv smthing called as USPS Priority. Did you use that?

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Got my passport back 14 days after. 14 days is the maximum waiting time to receive it according to what I've read.