+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application & Police Certificates- Correct Forum?

Vaughn

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
Hello all!

My wife and i have applied for PR but in the meantime she has also applied for a work permit at the Singapore Office. She has received a letter from the Canadian Embassy in Singapore stating she needs to obtain police reports. The following is a copy and paste from her letter:

"(Need to obtain) Original good conduct certificate (or certificate of no criminal record) to be obtained from the Singapore, Indonesia and China police authorities"

She has lived in China and Indonesia and since she was 18 and currently lives in Singapore so i assume that is what they are asking. But how should she obtain these reports? Apparently there is no mention of this on the letter. Since she lives in Singapore she could walk into the police office there i would imagine however is she expected to travel to the other countries of previous residence to obtain police certificates? There was a link given however it only relates to Singapore:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

Please advise?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she has lived in China and Indonesia for a period of 6 months or more she has to get the PCCs.

No need to travel to China or Indonesia for that. She can go to the embassies of respective countries in Singapore and apply there for the Police certificates. For that she may need to show the proofs according to their rules. Check with them.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Oh dear... well, if you delete "singapore" from the URL (to go back one level) you will come to this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/

There you will see links to all the countries in the Asia-Pacific region, including Singapore, Indonesia, and China.

Vaughn

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
Thanks for the information. She did go back to the embassy for clarification and it appears she does have to travel to Indonesia and China, either that or have a designated person do it on her behalf. Going to the respective embassies is not allowed. :(