+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit application extension April - Any timelines?

kowalewskaka

May 4, 2017
Hi, I have applied for work permit extension (the same employer, but also using an exemption that common law partner is working on skilled work and have wp valid for more than 6 months more). Anyone who applied for work permit in april got the answer back yet?

Visa is valid only 3 weeks more and I am thinking if the answer wont come back before that, is there a point for us to go to the border and apply once again at the border?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Better to wait for your extension because since you applied before your work permit expires, you have implied status. And with implied status, you can continue to stay and work until a decision is made on your application.

rahman2

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Hi, I have applied for work permit extension (the same employer, but also using an exemption that common law partner is working on skilled work and have wp valid for more than 6 months more). Anyone who applied for work permit in april got the answer back yet?

Visa is valid only 3 weeks more and I am thinking if the answer wont come back before that, is there a point for us to go to the border and apply once again at the border?
Border does not issues extension. They only work if it's a new work permit.
I went to a border(Saskatchewan-Montana) and they said they can't issue extension and asked me to apply online so i applied online. Waiting for their final decision.

md242

May 9, 2017
Hello people,

I need urgent help please.
How long does it take to get my temporary working permit if I need medical examination. I submitted online my application on March 24/2017
I am located in USA but my visa in USA will end this June.

Thank you very much.

Regards,