+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit application and implied status

sashank360

Oct 4, 2019
Greetings people, I had couple of questions regarding my work permit application.

1) Currently, I am on implied status because my PGWP expired and I applied for its extension before the expiry date. Post application, I have submitted my positive LMIA job offer letter as well. But my question is in the application form that I submitted for extension, I forgot to add middle name in the Given name section which I had to type according to my passport and the documents that I have submitted along has my complete Given name according to passport, even the LMIA job offer letter has my complete name on it. And secondly I mistyped the issue date of that PGWP in the form as well. I am bit worried for both the mistakes. Will my work permit application be refused based on that error? What can I do to rectify the mistake ?

2) Like I said I am on implied status and waiting for my new closed work permit, can I start working with employer who has provided me with job offer or do I have to wait for my work permit to start working?

Your response world be appreciated. Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but given PGWPs cannot be extended unless issued short due to passport expiry you applied knowing it would be rejected ?

sashank360

Oct 4, 2019
Bs65.
I understand that the PGWP cannot be be extended and the permit I received originally was completely 3 yrs. In the extension form I selected as "applying for the first time or with the new employer". But my concern is something else, it is about mistyping the date of issue of the work permit and the given name. To explain more, I was issued work permit on 2016-12-02 but in the form I mistakenly wrote 2016-12-04. And in the passport, my Given name has my father's name in it it but I forgot to write the same way in the application form. so I am concern if this two mistakes will be the reasons to get extensions rejected ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Bs65.
I understand that the PGWP cannot be be extended and the permit I received originally was completely 3 yrs. In the extension form I selected as "applying for the first time or with the new employer". But my concern is something else, it is about mistyping the date of issue of the work permit and the given name. To explain more, I was issued work permit on 2016-12-02 but in the form I mistakenly wrote 2016-12-04. And in the passport, my Given name has my father's name in it it but I forgot to write the same way in the application form. so I am concern if this two mistakes will be the reasons to get extensions rejected ?
You applied for an extension when you didn't qualify, so it should be rejected as incomplete. That means you would be out of status as of PGWP expiry and will not have had Implied Status, which also means any work done after PGWP expiry would be illegal.