+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit applicant's wife wants to tag along to canada

agatha

Jan 3, 2008
Hello everyone, my husband is waiting for a promised job offer as housekeeping/room attendant in calgary alberta. I want to go with him with the intention of applying for a work permit once in canada. Will my going with him affect the visa officer's decision on whether or not to grant him a work permit? I currently teach at a state university here in the Philippines. Will his chance of being granted the permit be jepopardized if I come with him to canada? or it will not matter?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

agatha said:
Hello everyone, my husband is waiting for a promised job offer as housekeeping/room attendant in calgary alberta. I want to go with him with the intention of applying for a work permit once in canada. Will my going with him affect the visa officer's decision on whether or not to grant him a work permit? I currently teach at a state university here in the Philippines. Will his chance of being granted the permit be jepopardized if I come with him to canada? or it will not matter?
You know that his job is not level A, B, or O in the NOC, so you will not be able to obtain an open work permit in Canada? So he will have to demonstrate that he will earn enough in Canada to support the both of you, before a visa will be issued to you.