+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit and Visitor record APPROVED but TRV DENIED !?? PLS HELP S.O.S

Tissot1853

Mar 1, 2012
Pls we need your help, and I hope that this tread can help other too and PreVent... DENIED apps

we got approved my boyfriends work permit and my visitor permit for two years from within Canada on July valid till 2014 and I got the medicals done there, that was good... them we come for vacation Panama and I apply for my TRV from here thinking that cause in Canada they give me 2 years visitor they should give me the visa right ?¿ .... they call me for an interview at the embassy but NOT I find the visa was rejected and a CIC agent that treat me like a criminal... that's all right. I send a complete full application proof of founds in Canada plus 2 cars there , I have no criminal record they do not find anything bad on my medical exams i am 23 i got a bachelor degree in Marketing and PR. I am Panamanian Citizen whit a 10 years US visitor visa stamped in my passport and he is Spanish but permanent resident in Panama since 2007 and we are together since 2008 we sing a Statutory Declaration of Common-law on front a commissioner of oaths in Edmonton few months ago and we sent it to. We have been living in Alberta since April 2011
now he working in Canada and I am here after 15 months living there together I have nothing here just the stuff I bring for my short vacation yeah is bad....

The letter that they give me says: I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the act bla bla bla... and she put check-marks on :
-Purpose of visit (As I put on the application be with my common-law that will be working for 2 more years)
-I am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully all questions put to you.
-Other reasons: You did not disclose true purpose of travel on your fist application and you were not honest when you applied fir an extension in Canada as you claimed common-law relationships are not recognized in Panama.

NO 2 YEARS BAN NOTHING MORE.

OK my bad official !! SO what we do wrong ??¿¿¿¿¿

I first enter in Canada with a student visa for four months but In my application I put I was single cause really we are not married yet and by the Panamanian laws common law is not a legal civil status here when you live 5 years whit same person them the law recognized legally union we got just 3 years together at that time so i cant see the big deal... once in Canada then I change to visitor and visitors records they only give me 3 months at the time I keep legal status in Canada till we got his LMO alleluia !! and I got the visitor record we only send his work permit application and he ask for my visitor in the application forms and approved SO CANADA RECOGNIZE US AS A COUPLE... and now the refused my visa just for that stupidity....yeah my bad

The good things and possible moves :
-His company give him 3 month family leave to come here and try to fix it we anyways all ready have plans to get married this December I got my ring alleluia again !!
-After we married here I would like reapply for visitor visa for the same time that I have the visitor permit what do you think ¿?
He is Spanish and is visa exempt can he apply in a European embassy for a visitor visa for me or both of us once we are married ?¿

Please any suggestion-solutions are very welcome last thing I want to do is go to US and cross the border... or yeah ¿? We really need be together and would be super nice if is in Canada.

Thank

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Truly sorry to hear your story.

You did not mention your nationality but I assume you are Panamanian national. You can marry him and then apply for PR under family class. Marriage does not automatically give you the right to apply in Europe. Also marriage is not a guarantee for TRV, rather in your case, it will weaken the tie to your home country and likely be rejected again.

I hope senior members will chime in for more suggestions.