+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit and visa,, re-entry docs??

jessalei

Jul 22, 2013
Hi All, :)

I was actually planning to have a vacation in the Philippines for a few weeks and my employer is already aware of it. Indeed, I was very grateful and blessed to have such a very understanding and supportive employer ever.:') so pleased with them they're like a family to me.:'). I am currently on a Multiple Entry Visa as indicated in my working visa and that will expire on April 25 2016. Furthermore, my working permit is also valid for 2 years for 1 employer only but it will expire on March 2016. At first, I was confused whether to get any re-entry docs since my working permit shows "NOT AUTHORIZE FOR RE-ENTRY". However, I had that clarified with the rep from CIC since I called them this afternoon. The rep said that if you have a valid VISA that shows multiple entry, that means you can leave and go back to Canada without any problem since the working permit is not the basis for the port-of-entry in Canada. huhuhuhuhu... I thought I'm good to go but I still have a lot of questions in my mind but when I tried to call them again, their office is already close.:'(..

Here are my additional questions which I failed to raise with CIC:
1. What other documents do I need to bring before I leave Canada for a vacation aside from VISA and WORK PERMIT?
2. What other documents do I need to bring upon arriving Canada after my vacation aside from VISA and WORK PERMIT?
3. Do I need any additional documents from my employer stating that I still have work waiting for me upon arriving in Canada after a few weeks of vacation?

Thank you very much in advance... God bless you all.:)

With much respect,
Jess.;)

Mharnieyah

Mar 27, 2014
Hi,
You need to ask your employer a letter stating that you are coming back to canada to continue working with them.
Go to philippine consulate near you and get OEC because it is a hassle to get one in the philippines.
Bring all the documents that will support you coming back here after your vacation.(passport with your multiple re-entry visa,work permit,letter of your employer and bring your contract too to support you incase the officer ask you)
And you are good to go...:)
Enjoy your vacation and God bless
When are you planning to go home?

jessalei

Jul 22, 2013
Mharnieyah said:
Hi,
You need to ask your employer a letter stating that you are coming back to canada to continue working with them.
Go to philippine consulate near you and get OEC because it is a hassle to get one in the philippines.
Bring all the documents that will support you coming back here after your vacation.(passport with your multiple re-entry visa,work permit,letter of your employer and bring your contract too to support you incase the officer ask you)
And you are good to go...:)
Enjoy your vacation and God bless
When are you planning to go home?
Hello Mharnieyah,

Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for your helpful response...:')... I am very delighted to know that there were people like you who would spend time helping us confused foreign workers..:')... Thank you very much for the detailed information you provided and I was completely enlightened now...:) :D Actually, I am planning to go for a vacation on either August or September of next year which is 6 months prior to the expiration date of my visa... As of now, I'm just gathering information about re-entering since its better to be prepared as early as now so that I will know the requirements...but I'm glad to know I'm good to go all I need is a letter from my employer and OEC from POLO...;) I was worried and anxious at first that I might not be able to come back in Canada in case but I was completely OK now... thanks to you once again..;)... BTW your' name sounds familiar I bet your the one who assisted me eh?...:D.:D.:D..;)..;)..;) Thank you10000000000000000000000000x.;).:D

Sincerely,
Jess.;)

Mharnieyah

Mar 27, 2014
I know.it's better to be safe than sorry...;)
where are you in canada?
Just to remind you,don't get an OEC early.as far as i remember it is valid for 60days only.just bring your passport,work permit and letter from your employer when you go to the phil consulate to get your OEC.
Don't worry as long as you have all the documents you are good...;)
Have a good night

jessalei

Jul 22, 2013
Mharnieyah said:
I know.it's better to be safe than sorry...;)
where are you in canada?
Just to remind you,don't get an OEC early.as far as i remember it is valid for 60days only.just bring your passport,work permit and letter from your employer when you go to the phil consulate to get your OEC.
Don't worry as long as you have all the documents you are good...;)
Have a good night
NOTED! ;) thank you mharnieyah for being so kindhearted to response to all my concerns... ;) :) :D ;D.. It's nice to be worried and anxious or worse stressed sometimes to make you feel alive,,,lol ;D ;D ;D. just kiddin' thanks once again.;) good night ;)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... btw im working here in west vancouver