+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit and Expired Passport

clark_matt

Oct 3, 2013
Hi I wonder if anyone has came across this situation and what to do?

I entered the country August 2012 with a LMO 3 year work permit application from my employer.

At time of entry my UK passport was only valid until March 2014, the work permit I received was issued valid until March 2014. I was told there is a note on my file that the work permit was issued until march 2014 but should have been issued until August 2015.

I have just renewed my UK passport, I have my old passport and the work permit was issued.

Do I have to submit a new application for a work permit or when I re-enter the country will I be issued with a new work permit for my new passport valid until August 2015???

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

clark_matt said:
Hi I wonder if anyone has came across this situation and what to do?

I entered the country August 2012 with a LMO 3 year work permit application from my employer.

At time of entry my UK passport was only valid until March 2014, the work permit I received was issued valid until March 2014. I was told there is a note on my file that the work permit was issued until march 2014 but should have been issued until August 2015.

I have just renewed my UK passport, I have my old passport and the work permit was issued.

Do I have to submit a new application for a work permit or when I re-enter the country will I be issued with a new work permit for my new passport valid until August 2015???

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated

Cheers
New application to extend work permit. Copies of LMO showing that was approved for 3 years.