+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit and experience

tocanada67

Feb 12, 2011
I wish to immigrate to Canada through the Canada Experience class . In order to do that I have found a work and I don' t know if I need work experience or other stuff to qualify for the temporary work permit .
Is there someone out there who knows the timing of such a project , how long does it take from the requesting a work permit to having a PR ? Is it difficult to get approuved with only two years of work in Canada or do they approuve everyone who has no healt or law problems ? Is my age a problem ?
One last question , have I to continue to do that work after having earned the 2 years experience , it' s not the work I' ll want to do my hole life .
Thanks to all readig this and please all the information you can give me

tocanada67

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks for the replay , but I already read that a lot of times , the questions I posted here are the things I dont' t get there or to explain myself better I wanted to check out how it really works , what the real timelines and problems are , to hear from someone who has the experience I lack .
If you or someone else could help it would be great

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tocanada67 said:
I wish to immigrate to Canada through the Canada Experience class . In order to do that I have found a work and I don' t know if I need work experience or other stuff to qualify for the temporary work permit .
Is there someone out there who knows the timing of such a project , how long does it take from the requesting a work permit to having a PR ? Is it difficult to get approuved with only two years of work in Canada or do they approuve everyone who has no healt or law problems ? Is my age a problem ?
One last question , have I to continue to do that work after having earned the 2 years experience , it' s not the work I' ll want to do my hole life .
Thanks to all readig this and please all the information you can give me
Well, first of all, as a temporary foreign worker you need to have 2 years of skilled work experience IN CANADA. Are you in Canada on a work permit? What is the skill level as it must be supervisory or above (manager, director, etc.) Read the following guidelines:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

If you meet ALL of the requirements, average processind times are currently 11 months. Age is not a factor. But you must also take and score adquately on the IELTS test.

Read this manual to see how these applications are processed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf

tocanada67

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks a lot , this information is very useful and I read it with much attention .
I have a job offer , I'm not in Canada working yet , and the level will be supervisory or above , but I think my employer wants me to work from home , could that be an issue ?
What happens if after gainig my 2 years of experience I quit that job (during the time my application is being processed ) ?