+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT AMENDMENTS AT BORDER POSSIBLE?

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Hello,

I ask you guys to share your experience here if anyone has.
Long story short I obtained my work permit from border (case 20) but the officer forgot to mention POST GRADUATION WORK PERMIT under remarks section :(.

I realized that afterwards ??? but I've my amendment application ready but by mail the procedure is going to take 30 days or maybe more so the QUESTION IS

"Can I again go to the Lacolle/Champlain border to get it fixed at the spot?"

Note: I already called CIC they told me that I can give it a try but you know going there and then coming back with nothing would be really stupid again.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance! :)

confused_soul

Nov 2, 2016
Hello,
I would like to know if you managed to amend the work permit at the border as I am currently facing the same problem ???

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Yes ConfusedSoul

You can get it fixed at border. If you have any other specific problem then kindly call the border number and confirm with them.
That's what I did.
Google it you will find it.

confused_soul

Nov 2, 2016
Thanks for the information. Can you kindly let me know what are the documents that you provided to the officers to correct it?

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
It's better you go with all the documents. But the passport and the work permit will be required for sure

Britabroad18

Nov 16, 2018
Has anybody had any luck with this ? I spent 2 days at the border and they said they couldn't help me...even though the IRCC said they could