+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit after completion of Graduate Certificate and it's duration

fawadrind

Apr 17, 2013
Hi!

i am Fawad and came here in Canada just 2 weeks ago. i am very confuse about my future in Canada. First of all i want to know that what is an eligible program and eligible post secondary institution? Because it is mention in your website.
Here i take admission in International Business Management which is Graduate certificate and it's duration is 2 semester(8 Months) in Seneca collage.is it that program and Institute is eligible for work permit after completion of the certificate. and i also want to know that when i will complete my study then can i get work permit on the basis of the certificate and if yes when what is the duration of this work permit for example one year or two year. Or should i change the program?
Before came to here i have completed(MBA) 17 year education from Pakistan.
please guide me regarding these issues.Because i want to get work experience of this country.i am so much worried about that.God will give you the reward.thanks in advance.

Warm Regard fawad

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reading through :http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
you will get a PGWP of 1 year.

seneca is in the approved list of colleges,but i don't know if certf. program is eligible.

please check with others before confirming this information

fawadrind

Apr 17, 2013
yes it's a very good college and it's i don't no which campous you applied. if you applied Newnam campous then i saw it it is very big and very good i hope you will enjoy here.

fawadrind

Apr 17, 2013
thank you so much dear that you solved my very very big problem.could you tell me about the program eligibility? thanks in advance

tiger007

Champion Member
fawadrind said:
i am Fawad and came here in Canada just 2 weeks ago. i am very confuse about my future in Canada. First of all i want to know that what is an eligible program and eligible post secondary institution? Because it is mention in your website.
Here i take admission in International Business Management which is Graduate certificate and it's duration is 2 semester(8 Months) in Seneca collage.is it that program and Institute is eligible for work permit after completion of the certificate. and i also want to know that when i will complete my study then can i get work permit on the basis of the certificate and if yes when what is the duration of this work permit for example one year or two year. Or should i change the program?
Before came to here i have completed(MBA) 17 year education from Pakistan.
please guide me regarding these issues.Because i want to get work experience of this country.i am so much worried about that.God will give you the reward.thanks in advance.
Hi,

Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology is a valid and recognized college, where international students while studying will be eligible to apply for an Off Campus Work Permit (OCWP), after completing 6 months of studies and as well as a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) after completion of their full program.

Here's the list of ALL recognized Canadian educational institutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP, listed according to province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp --- You can see Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology is listed under Ontario province.

OCWP allows you to work for max. 20 hours/week part time while studying and a PGWP can allow you to work for maximum 3 years after completion of your studies from a recognized educational institute in Canada. The maximum 3 years PGWP is granted, provided you study a minimum 2 academic year/4 semesters/ minimum 16 months of actual study program.
If you apply for PGWP, after completion of any program less than 4 semesters, then you will get a PGWP ONLY equivalent to the length of your studies. In your case... International Business Management is a 2 semester/1 academic year long program, and so you will be eligible for a 1 year PGWP. It is however reccomended to pursue another recognized 2 sem/1 acad. year program (either in Ontario or in any other province) to be eligible for an assured 2 years PGWP ,even maybe a 3 years PGWP, depending upon the visa officer issuing your PGWP.... so as to give you, enough time to pursue immigration.

To know more about OCWP and PGWP see:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus-who.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Hope it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

fawadrind

Apr 17, 2013
thank you so much dear.you solve my very very big problem.please also tell me that where i confirm program legibility .

shahroze007

Nov 16, 2019
can any body tell me about Master certificate program which is one semester 4 month duration 3 courses of 3 credit hour but I have option to complete it in 8 month four semester what will be my counting for PGWP 4 month or 8 month ? guide me if any one have knowledge about it

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
can any body tell me about Master certificate program which is one semester 4 month duration 3 courses of 3 credit hour but I have option to complete it in 8 month four semester what will be my counting for PGWP 4 month or 8 month ? guide me if any one have knowledge about it
It will be considered a 4 month course. You will not get a PGWP for that.