+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work in Canada, live abroad

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hi everyone

Due my current job in Canada, I work for long periods and I have same periods of rest.

I would like to know if is possible keep working in Canada but live in another country, paying my taxes in Canada but getting all possible benefits how if I am living in Canada.

Hope to heard something from you guys

Thank you very much

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it is possible. Say you live in Point Roberts in USA, cross the border and drive to work in Metro Vancouver in BC Canada.

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
My main concern is if I can have foreign address but work in Canada. I will work for more than 6 months, I want to pay my taxes in Canada but get all the possible benefits like if i will living in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My main concern is if I can have foreign address but work in Canada. I will work for more than 6 months, I want to pay my taxes in Canada but get all the possible benefits like if i will living in Canada
This isn’t going to be possible. You need in Canada for over 6 months to qualify for many services in Canada. I am very confused about what you are trying to do.

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
This isn’t going to be possible. You need in Canada for over 6 months to qualify for many services in Canada. I am very confused about what you are trying to do.
I am going to be more than 6 months in Canada. 7 months working, 5 months off.

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
So you won’t have a foreign address. You will have a Canadian address.
This is one of the things that I have a concern. Do I need to have yes or yes a Canadian address? Is not possible to have foreign address working or living in Canada for more than 6 months?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is one of the things that I have a concern. Do I need to have yes or yes a Canadian address? Is not possible to have foreign address working or living in Canada for more than 6 months?
You keep saying foreign address. You are working and living in Canada for over 6 months you would have a Canadian address during that time. You will be sending your mail to your Canadian address.