+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work in a school

Discussion in 'Canadian Labour Legislation' started by Luceana, Dec 18, 2017.

  1. Hi, I have an open work permit issued as spouse of skilled worker.
    In conditions, they say that we're not authorised to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teaching, etc...
    Ok my question is if am I allowed to work in a school but not for teaching, working in the kitchen preparing the meals...
    Thank you for your help
  2. It should be OK unless you are engaging in teaching. When you apply for the job, school administration will check your work permit and will let you know if they find you ineligible for job due to restriction in work permit.
  3. Often these restrictions about coming into contact with children are tied into whether a work permit holder has had a medical or not or even a criminal record check specific to the employment. Even working in a school kitchen someone could still come into contact with children.

Share This Page