+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work hours

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello, ( I fele like ive been postin way too much but thanks :) )
how can you prove that you have worked more than 30 hours/in a week in a job where you get paid hourly when paystubs show hours in every 2 weeks. so let's say you worked 40 hours for the first week and for some reason didnt work the next week . so how would you show that you can count one week towards your experience but not the second one ?

thanks

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
your employer reference letter should mention the hours worked

Butterball83

Aug 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depending what info is included in your payslip, ones I've always received have had a 'unit' amount for the hours worked in that pay period and then a year to date 'YTD' amount beside that too. So providing your most recent payslip should prove the amount of hours worked up to that date. If it's in your employer letter I think that's ok but always handy to add in the payslip for a bit of extra proof

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
My employer's letter states that a typical week of work is 40 hours but it doesnt specify how many hours I worked in each week since that job wasn't salary based .

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
My payslip doesn't have the YTD . It only states the hours worked in the pay period which is 2 weeks .

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Fae7 said:
My employer's letter states that a typical week of work is 40 hours but it doesnt specify how many hours I worked in each week since that job wasn't salary based .
Are you talking about work in Canada or elsewhere? Is this a current job or previous?

The VO can multiply the 40 hours per week * 52 weeks per year * hourly rate to determine a ballpark of what you should have earned in the year, and then check your T4s. If you earned more, no problem. If you earned significantly less, they will likely require paystubs.

If you have a bi-weekly paystub, then you will need at least 60 hours for it to be considered full-time for both weeks. Fewer than 60 will demonstrate (at best) some part-time work.

If you had paid vacation then you don't need to worry about time off. If you earned vacation pay with every paycheck, in Ontario (may be different elsewhere), that is paid for the equivalent of 2 weeks per year, so you could take 2 weeks without any issue.

If you had any unpaid leave of absence, you should inform the VO through a letter of explanation.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
It's in Canada and it's my previous job . I didn't take any vacation but my pay stubs show unpaid sick days , it just doesn't indicate if my sick days are in the first or second week or both .