+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history vs Personal History

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
I am wondering to claim 3 years or more related work history, I just need to provide say one year or more employment in Canada and another 2 years or more overseas. But they asked all the work experiences in the past 10 years.

I noticed that if you put all your work experience there, later on your document checklist would require you to upload all these employment records. For sure, some of these employment especially those long time ago would not be able to get all the documents/information CIC required. Would it be Ok just put 3 or more years work history and leave all the rest as personal history? So I just provide 3 years work history only but with all the documents CIC required, but do give some explanation in the letter?

Or I'd better list everything and try to upload as much as possible for each employment record?

Thanks a lot.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
You can move the work experiences for which you wont get any points for to personal history. As you said, work history means you need proof for each job which can be tedious, plus it means more time spent background checks for you.

I am CEC applicant and took out all my 4 years foreign work experience and only my 1 year Canadian work ex only because it was less hassle and Canadian documentation is probably more stronger in the eyes of the visa officers

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
lifein360 said:
You can move the work experiences for which you wont get any points for to personal history. As you said, work history means you need proof for each job which can be tedious, plus it means more time spent background checks for you.

I am CEC applicant and took out all my 4 years foreign work experience and only my 1 year Canadian work ex only because it was less hassle and Canadian documentation is probably more stronger in the eyes of the visa officers
Thanks a lot. That's what I thought so.

Local experience seems really important for both immigration and hiring managers.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018

Can you please share your experience on how did it go when you removed some of the experience from work history and just included them in
personal history section?

I am in a similar situation where i am unable to get certificate from my latest employer. My earlier experience is enough to get the points. I have got the ITA only on the basis of my previous experience. Is it ok if we just include current experience in personal history and not in work experience if we are not claiming points for it?

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Can you please share your experience on how did it go when you removed some of the experience from work history and just included them in
personal history section?

I am in a similar situation where i am unable to get certificate from my latest employer. My earlier experience is enough to get the points. I have got the ITA only on the basis of my previous experience. Is it ok if we just include current experience in personal history and not in work experience if we are not claiming points for it?
Yes. It's fine. If your CRS is not affected.