+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work history VS personal history

bree0071

Jan 14, 2017
Hi, Everyone,

I am new here. I will explain my situation here first.

When I was creating my EE profile, I only put my Canadian Working Experience under the Work History and not my previous foreign working experiences as they are not eligible for Express Entry.

Now, in the Personal History section in PR application, I need, just as everyone else to put all the things I did in the past 10 years. My question is:

Do I need to also update the Work History in my PR application, which means putting all my working experiences in the Work History and also in the Personal History? If not, will CIC consider I misrepresented myself or indirectly withhold any working experience from them when I created my EE profile?

I know some of people here in the forum asked the same or similar questions, but I still do not find anyone who successfully got their PR even if they just put eligible working experiences in the work history in the EE profile and other in the personal history??? any new update regarding this issue, please? Thank you all a million!!!

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
If you are jot claiming points for any work experience, no need to add in work history. Add it to personal history. I have foreign work experience of 3.5 yearsI am not adding in work history because I cannot get sufficient proof. So only adding my Canadian experience. I am planning to add a letter to explain why I didn't add it though just so there are no questions in officers mind

AM85

Jan 14, 2017
I'm in a similar state (have started a separate thread). I have job experience of 2.5 years till 2010, and business experience since 2011. I'm considering leaving the business experience out because even though I can furnish tax returns, both personal and of my firm, I have seen a lot of people claiming business have been turned down due to some suspicion or the other.

I'm planning to claim only my job experience till 2010 for points and add all relevant documents under personal history. My worry is can they still reject me for either not putting my business in work history or the fact that I'm showing my last claimed employment in 2010. I too am looking for a clear answer. Hope CIC gave some official answers to such queries to help potential applicants.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
AM85 said:
I'm in a similar state (have started a separate thread). I have job experience of 2.5 years till 2010, and business experience since 2011. I'm considering leaving the business experience out because even though I can furnish tax returns, both personal and of my firm, I have seen a lot of people claiming business have been turned down due to some suspicion or the other.

I'm planning to claim only my job experience till 2010 for points and add all relevant documents under personal history. My worry is can they still reject me for either not putting my business in work history or the fact that I'm showing my last claimed employment in 2010. I too am looking for a clear answer. Hope CIC gave some official answers to such queries to help potential applicants.
I think the condition is that any work experience you claim (outside of Canada) should be within last ten years right? If so, you're in the good. Only write a letter stating why u u cant prove it. As long as you include it in personal history its all good. No gaps should be there (to be honest system wont allow you to leave gaps either)

But yes, your case may raise questions since the exp you are claiming is nearly 7 years old now...so it maybe a potential red flag since its borderline almost? You're still following the letter of the law though but with IRCC sometimes that isnt enough

AM85

Jan 14, 2017
lifein360 said:
I think the condition is that any work experience you claim (outside of Canada) should be within last ten years right? If so, you're in the good. Only write a letter stating why u u cant prove it. As long as you include it in personal history its all good. No gaps should be there (to be honest system wont allow you to leave gaps either)

But yes, your case may raise questions since the exp you are claiming is nearly 7 years old now...so it maybe a potential red flag since its borderline almost? You're still following the letter of the law though but with IRCC sometimes that isnt enough
Technically, I am showing my business experience in personal history. I was initially planning to show it in work history since my business is genuine, i can furnish tax returns and bank statements of my firm as well as personal ones. I can also furnish letters from my clients stating I did work for them. The reason why I'm skeptical on that front is because the clients would write letters in the name of the firm and not me as an individual. Also, my business partner (we have a partnership firm) is also applying for immigration under express entry. That may raise doubts in VO even though it is all in order except maybe the VO will question who did what work among the two of us in partnership (wherein CIC clearly says a simple declaration form our side can't be taken as proof). That leaves in a bit of a dilemma and making me consider reducing my work experience to 2.5 years form otherwise 8+ years of legit work experience