+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history versus Personal history

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
It's simple:

1 In work history section, only include work experience for which you are claiming points. So, if you have enough points without current employment, don't include it there, and include it only in personal history. In that case, no need for reference letter.

2.Is this reference letter used to prove a work experience for which you are claiming points? If yes, then it's better to add in LOE how many hours you worked, and what's the legal work hours for full-time in your country. If you can, maybe add paytubs, as they often include the number of hours worked. If you're not using this employment in work history section, no need to provide any document related to it.

3.Same as (2)

4.You are correct. For spouse, foreign work experience doesn't get you any points. Answer "No" to the question, and mention all work experience in personal history only.

5.Provide proof of sale of shares with all your POF documents. For that, you can write a section specific LOE, which would be the first page of the pdf for POF. Provide any document related to those shares. You need to show it's not a loan.
Thanks, Buddy!!

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
One more question:
When the application says in the last 10 years, What does that means?
I have got my ITA on 5th September'2018 so I have to give all information from August 2008 to till date or from January 2008 to till date.

Thanks in advance!!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
One more question:
When the application says in the last 10 years, What does that means?
I have got my ITA on 5th September'2018 so I have to give all information from August 2008 to till date or from January 2008 to till date.

Thanks in advance!!
You have to go back 10 years starting submission date. Address history requires MM/DD/YYY. Personal history only MM/YYY.
In other words, if you're applying today November 1st 2018, you have to go back to November 1st 2008 for address history, and just November 2008 for personal history.
Edit: Corrected typo, 2018->2008.

Last edited:

saiyer1

Aug 21, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You have to go back 10 years starting submission date. Address history requires MM/DD/YYY. Personal history only MM/YYY.
In other words, if you're applying today November 1st 2018, you have to go back to November 1st 2008 for address history, and just November 2018 for personal history.
@Peacekeeper87 thank you for your replies, it has helped me as well.

I have a question reg Address History for the last 10 years. I have had a business trip to China in 2011 for three weeks where I had stayed in hotels in Shanghai and Beijing. But I do not have the address of those places and I am not working with that employer anymore. Do I need to raise a LOE for this scenario? I have the Chinese visa and stampings as proof of travel.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
@Peacekeeper87 thank you for your replies, it has helped me as well.

I have a question reg Address History for the last 10 years. I have had a business trip to China in 2011 for three weeks where I had stayed in hotels in Shanghai and Beijing. But I do not have the address of those places and I am not working with that employer anymore. Do I need to raise a LOE for this scenario? I have the Chinese visa and stampings as proof of travel.
If it's a business trip, that means you were still affiliated to your employer in your home country, and that's where you lived.
In which case you won't include it in address history. it's going to be your home country address.
This goes in travel history, and label it as "Business".

saiyer1

Aug 21, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If it's a business trip, that means you were still affiliated to your employer in your home country, and that's where you lived.
In which case you won't include it in address history. it's going to be your home country address.
This goes in travel history, and label it as "Business".
Got it thanks.

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
In other words, if you're applying today November 1st 2018, you have to go back to November 1st 2008 for address history, and just November 2008 for personal history.
Edit: Corrected typo, 2018->2008.
Thanks!!

Shaey

Dec 25, 2018
Hi All,
I have received my ITA and now only five day is left with me to submit my application. I have few queries and really need guidance on the same.

1. Do I have to include my current employment in work history?I am getting required score without current employment. I don’t want to disclose my PR intentions to my employer so can’t get reference letter.

2. One of my reference letter mentions full time but not hours per week is it ok?

3. One of my employer refused to mention full time or part time or hours/week. Rest everything is in place like job duties etc.

4. My wife is having work experience of 7 years but all outside Canada. So is it ok if I say no work experience in work history and mention all work experience in personal history.

5. I have got funds by selling my shares recently so can’t show that mentaining for last 6months.

Thank you all in advance. I have searched a lot in forums about all these questions and was not able to make decision on basis of any answered already given in different thread.

Really appreciate your all time and guidance!!
Hi,
Did this work for you?

I have similar issue with current employer, don't want to disclose but I already mentioned this in my EE, can I remove it now? I received ITA in April.
My work experience is as follows:
Company A: Oct 15-Oct 18 (3 years)
Company B: Nov 18 - Present
While creating the EE profile I mentioned both these experiences, But I can not reveal my Canada plans to Company B(current employer) and hence can't obtain the employment letter with job responsibilities, although I do have the appointment letter and salary slips. since this job contributes only 5 months to the work history, can I remove this experience from work history and mention it only under personal history? I have read at many places that this can be done for previous (old) jobs but I am not sure If the current work can be removed. should I proceed by moving this to personal history section or should I decline this invitation and create another profile wherein I don't mention my current job details.
Please suggest as my IELTS is going to expire in June.

JaniceFurtado

May 8, 2018
@Peacekeeper87 Or whoever can help answer this:

I have seen that as mentioned in the suggestions to add spousal Work history in personal history

if I do that should I mention it in the LOE that as I am not claiming points I have added everything to personal history?