+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history query

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
Dear members

My full-time paid experience in an MNC was from June 2013 to Nov 2014. I have salary slips, joining letter and relieving letter.

I intend to show only 2013-2014 work history(for the POINTS purpose) and not anything after that.

From November 2014 to present date, I have been engaged in my own business. I am my own boss, no salary slips, infact, there is an outflow of money from various accounts in order to build the business (including my partners, family business, etc).

Should I just mention this 2013-2014 work or am I also supposed to mention the work I did after that period. I am not very inclined because its not related to what i will be doing in Canada (if invited). Also, I dont know how to collect proofs of what I did in these 3 years (2014-2017)

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Oct 3, 2017
Dear members

My full-time paid experience in an MNC was from June 2013 to Nov 2014. I have salary slips, joining letter and relieving letter.

I intend to show only 2013-2014 work history(for the POINTS purpose) and not anything after that.

From November 2014 to present date, I have been engaged in my own business. I am my own boss, no salary slips, infact, there is an outflow of money from various accounts in order to build the business (including my partners, family business, etc).

Should I just mention this 2013-2014 work or am I also supposed to mention the work I did after that period. I am not very inclined because its not related to what i will be doing in Canada (if invited). Also, I dont know how to collect proofs of what I did in these 3 years (2014-2017)

Kindly advice.

Thanks
How many years of work experience do you have that can be proved? If you have 3 years you are eligible and can just show those three years. Everything else can be show in personal history as you are not claiming points.

Best
Ravi :YouTube Channel

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
1.5 years of full time work ex. That can be proved. Based on crs, I will still have enough points even with this work ex

I didn't know about personal history. Where is this section or column ?

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
OK. But I didn't knw about this point.
Crs score it asks how much full time paid work ex u have in last 10 yrs. 1,2,3 or more.

I might be misunderstanding , please advice

Oct 3, 2017
I will check. But if one year is eligible and I am wrong in my interpretation of 3 years then you can just mention your work experience that you can claim points for. The rest of what you have done will appear in fields post ita and you can mention it under personal history.

I am sure others will chip in from their exp.

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
I could be wrong but I think there are different classes in express entry and so each class could have its own restrictions and conditions.. So ur information could be true for one category and mine could be true for another

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
This is wrong. Only 1 year is required. It has to be continuous if you are applying under FSW. Any years after that is used to increase CRS or meet the FSW selection factors eligibility.
Thanks .. By the way.. I m having a 3 yrs gap after this work ex.. How is that interpreted?

cancancan

Jun 25, 2017
While you are here Mr ahmadi I have the following query

I am claiming an experience that is 7 years old,as it was my first job,I did not know about Pay slips,Tax returns etc,further my employer has no record of payments(as its been a while) and my bank account is closed (was abroad for 6 years),so no bank statement,but i had one mini statement in my email so based on that we concluded my salary was xxxxxx in that particular month.My salary was below tax slab so no returns were filed (I came to know now).On my Updated experience letter its only stated that last salary drawn was xxxxx.I am in dire need of suggestion.should i decline invitation?

cancancan

Jun 25, 2017
The statement "last salary drawn was xxxxx" is very vague and doesn't prove that you were paid for the whole period. It is better if you can update this sentence to something like: "For that employment period, his average monthly salary was xxxxx". If you can have this statement updated, you will not need to submit any other proofs for the salary. Otherwise, you will have to show CIC officer that you were paid for the whole period not only the last month.

Another point, if you remove that work experience, will your CRS drop below the cut-off threshold when you received the ITA?
I have PM you this and a further question

cancancan

Jun 25, 2017
The statement "last salary drawn was xxxxx" is very vague and doesn't prove that you were paid for the whole period. It is better if you can update this sentence to something like: "For that employment period, his average monthly salary was xxxxx". If you can have this statement updated, you will not need to submit any other proofs for the salary. Otherwise, you will have to show CIC officer that you were paid for the whole period not only the last month.

Another point, if you remove that work experience, will your CRS drop below the cut-off threshold when you received the ITA?
I have PM you this and a further question