+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History pre-ITA vs Work History post-ITA

AgentEves

Aug 29, 2014
My Work History in my pre-ITA profile only included the jobs which will generate points for my application.

My Work History in my post-ITA profile includes all jobs, irrespective of skill level.

The post-ITA profile dictates that you complete a Personal History, which must include no gaps over the past 10 years. In order to make my Work History match my Personal History, I had to include 4 positions which were not included in the Work History in my pre-ITA profile.

Should I:

A) Make my post-ITA Work History match my pre-ITA Work History and not worry about whether it matches my Personal History, on the basis that only score-generating (skilled) employment should be included in Work History.

B) Make my post-ITA Work History match my Personal History, even though this means that it will no longer match my pre-ITA Work History.

I would say the second one makes more sense, to me, but I am also concerned that my profile will be immediately rejected based on not matching the original profile.

Furthermore, research post-ITA has shown that my contract at BC Hydro was actually handled by two separate employment agencies. One for 3 months, and one for 12 months. In my pre-ITA Work History, I included this as one solid employment with one employment agency, unaware of the transfer of employment records half way through. So, in other words, my post-ITA Work History isn't going to match my pre-ITA Work History either way.

How much of this can be resolved with a covering letter, explaining the difference, and how much of it will be processed by an auto-bot which will reject the application based on the pre-ITA Work History and post-ITA work history not matching, without a human actually looking at it?

noesis

May 26, 2015
AgentEves said:
My Work History in my pre-ITA profile only included the jobs which will generate points for my application.

My Work History in my post-ITA profile includes all jobs, irrespective of skill level.

The post-ITA profile dictates that you complete a Personal History, which must include no gaps over the past 10 years. In order to make my Work History match my Personal History, I had to include 4 positions which were not included in the Work History in my pre-ITA profile.

Should I:

A) Make my post-ITA Work History match my pre-ITA Work History and not worry about whether it matches my Personal History, on the basis that only score-generating (skilled) employment should be included in Work History.

B) Make my post-ITA Work History match my Personal History, even though this means that it will no longer match my pre-ITA Work History.
I've seen a few posts here where people have advocated keeping your work history section relevant only to jobs that would count towards your experience (related to primary NOC), where they have gone so far as to say you do not have to inform CIC if you change jobs if the new job is not relevant to your application (whatever that means, but I presume they mean your work history, LMIA etc). I disagree with that assessment, I believe your second option is honest and complete, and you do not have to then explain multiple times why you chose to assume and on that basis obfuscate your application with limited entries in one place and others in another. I also believe that changing jobs is a change in circumstances and should be reported.

I would say the second one makes more sense, to me, but I am also concerned that my profile will be immediately rejected based on not matching the original profile.
Have you seen any such auto-bot rejections? I certainly haven't heard of any. You are allowed to change your profile post ITA, and they have provided a CRS calculator to determine if you still have enough points. Creating a bot to monitor and reject based on differences doesn't make sense in that case.

Furthermore, research post-ITA has shown that my contract at BC Hydro was actually handled by two separate employment agencies. One for 3 months, and one for 12 months. In my pre-ITA Work History, I included this as one solid employment with one employment agency, unaware of the transfer of employment records half way through. So, in other words, my post-ITA Work History isn't going to match my pre-ITA Work History either way.

How much of this can be resolved with a covering letter, explaining the difference, and how much of it will be processed by an auto-bot which will reject the application based on the pre-ITA Work History and post-ITA work history not matching, without a human actually looking at it?
I honestly don't know anything about this "auto-bot" nor do I think rank outsiders on a forum will know if one exists. The rejections that have taken place immediately after submission did not have to do with a "diff" command being written to compare the EE profile with the PR profile, but due to incomplete/missing documents. A letter of explanation should be sufficient for the employment discrepancies.

AgentEves

Aug 29, 2014
Great - that's really helpful. Thank you for taking the time to answer all my questions.

I am way way way overthinking this, but I just want to make sure that I get it right first time and don't make any careless mistakes.

I'm generally learning, as I'm moving forward, however, that as long as there is a decent explanation for everything, that you are honest, and provide a complete, truthful and accurate application, then you have nothing to worry about.