+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history points not claimed

pabla19

Aug 23, 2020
Hi
Please help me out for this confusion. I am so anxious and feeling stress.
I applied under CEC category.
I have one year canadian experience as Security Guard Supervisor. I attached Reference letter with all duties, pay stubs , NOA , T4. I claimed points for this B category Job.

but by mistake time of EE profile creation i also added foreign work experience for which i did not claimed points. I dont have Reference letter with duties or any other document. I just have one refrence letter. At time of PR application it was asking for document so i uploaded refrence letter without duties. This job was also D category. It was Network Admin job but i was not performing that job title duties so mentioned it like D category.

its my mistake i should not mention it in work history and it should be mentioned in personal history.

What should be the solution now? Or nothing to worry as it was D category and i have not claimed points for that job?

Please help me out.
Thanks everyone

Last edited:

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi
I have one year canadian experience as Security Guard Supervisor. I attached Reference letter with all duties, pay stubs , NOA , T4. I claimed points for this B category Job.

but by mistake time of EE profile creation i also added foreign work experience for which i did not claimed points. I dont have Reference letter with duties or any other document. I just have one refrence letter. At time of PR application it was asking for document so i uploaded refrence letter without duties. This job was also D category. It was Network Admin job but i was not performing that job title duties so mentioned it like D category.

its my mistake i should not mention it in work history and it should be mentioned in personal history.

What should be the solution now? Or nothing to worry as it was D category and i have not claimed points for that job?

Please help me out.
Thanks everyone
If they asked you to upload documents for your foreign work experience, that´s because that gave you additional CRS points when you added it on your work history whether you wanted or not.
If your overall score without those additional points, is still over the minimum points score of the round of invitations when you were invited, then you should be ok. If it´s not, you may get a procedural fairness letter asking you for additional documentation, or you may directly be rejected.

Here´s the CRS points calculator if you need to recalculate it:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

pabla19

Aug 23, 2020
If they asked you to upload documents for your foreign work experience, that´s because that gave you additional CRS points when you added it on your work history whether you wanted or not.
If your overall score without those additional points, is still over the minimum points score of the round of invitations when you were invited, then you should be ok. If it´s not, you may get a procedural fairness letter asking you for additional documentation, or you may directly be rejected.

Here´s the CRS points calculator if you need to recalculate it:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

That foreign work experience did not gave me any points. It does not effect my Overall points.

I only got points for my canadaian work experience. For which i submitted all documents required.
because i mentioned that foreign experience in work history instead of personal history it was showing to upload document.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
That foreign work experience did not gave me any points. It does not effect my Overall points.

I only got points for my canadaian work experience. For which i submitted all documents required.
because i mentioned that foreign experience in work history instead of personal history it was showing to upload document.
how long was the foreign work experience?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
It was 2.5 years. But not calculated time of invitation.
Try the CRS calculator from the link I gave you before or read the ITA letter where your CRS score is explained. The system had to automatically give you points for 2 years of foreign work experience.

pabla19

Aug 23, 2020
Yes i calculated. Because it was D category job so it does not gave points for low skilled job. Its same points without that experience. In invitation points are not included too. My consultant said its not any issue.

pabla19

Aug 23, 2020
Yes that table time of invitation is showing zero points for foreign work experience. I just checked now.

exudegti

Aug 21, 2020
Hi

Please help me out.
Thanks everyone
GS Auto Clicker
The system had to automatically give you points for 2 years of foreign work experience.

Last edited: