+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History - Multiple client locations

aries2203

Feb 23, 2017
Hi all, I have received ITA and have a query regarding Work and Personal history section. In one of my employments I had worked at different client locations (USA, UK, India) however my base location was India. While creating my express entry profile I had mentioned location as India only (as my employer is based in India, I have got one reference letter from my employer for the complete period).
Now for Personal history section, should I keep the entry as single entry (as auto-populated by the form) or split it into multiple entries (one for each location)? If I keep only one entry, would it be OK as I have got US and UK entries in both Address history and Travel history section for the duration? Please advise.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Ideally to keep it consistent, your reference letter should mention the different work locations - are these short term or long term visits? And I am assuming you were paid Indian salary for the time abroad or were you paid in GBP or USD - if the latter then definitely break your work history and personal section as well accordingly. If its the former - aka business trips for couple of weeks off and on, then you can keep as is - and mention your travel and address history accordingly.

If its foreign salary, then I would put a LOE if the employer reference letter does not indicate the work locations abroad.

I too worked in US on work visa but have split the work experience sections for the time in India and abroad under the same employer and am planning to do the same in personal history section too after receiving the ITA

Hope this helps.

Reactions: aries2203

bfamaral

Apr 5, 2018
Ideally to keep it consistent, your reference letter should mention the different work locations - are these short term or long term visits? And I am assuming you were paid Indian salary for the time abroad or were you paid in GBP or USD - if the latter then definitely break your work history and personal section as well accordingly. If its the former - aka business trips for couple of weeks off and on, then you can keep as is - and mention your travel and address history accordingly.

If its foreign salary, then I would put a LOE if the employer reference letter does not indicate the work locations abroad.

I too worked in US on work visa but have split the work experience sections for the time in India and abroad under the same employer and am planning to do the same in personal history section too after receiving the ITA

Hope this helps.
Hi! Can you please confirm if you split the work experience sections, and if it worked? I had the same situation: working as a mkt project manager, I was a brazilian employee, but spent 1 year in Brazil, 1 in Sweden and 7 months in Germany - with some in-between projects in Brazil, while waiting for the visas. Can I have a single entry in work history, and the reference letter describes it? I only managed to get one letter - from the HQ in the Netherlands - but it describes the separate projects, with timeline, location and responsibilities.

Regards,

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hello

I have same question. I am not primary applicant and not claiming points for my work ex. I am employed by an Indian company for 12 years. In last 10 years I have spent time working in 4 different countries. My travel history and address history reflects that. Should I split my work history also in different buckets? Or keep one single entry as I am employed by the same company for all these years (only deputed to different countries for projects)?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello

I have same question. I am not primary applicant and not claiming points for my work ex. I am employed by an Indian company for 12 years. In last 10 years I have spent time working in 4 different countries. My travel history and address history reflects that. Should I split my work history also in different buckets? Or keep one single entry as I am employed by the same company for all these years (only deputed to different countries for projects)?
If you’re not the primary applicant just show it in personal history and not show it in work history at all. If you show it in work history the system will generate the field to upload reference letter which is pointless in your case.