+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history location, when only part of the total duration worked was remotely

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
Hi,

I worked as a software developer in Denmark at my employer's main office in Copenhagen, Denmark (for 2 years and 6 months), and then I moved back to my country of origin (Pakistan) due to personal reasons (getting approval from my employer, that I'm allowed to work remotely from Pakistan), and worked remotely from Pakistan for the next 9 months, after which I resigned from my position (and did not return to Denmark after that).

This is what I did in my initial EE profile: I created a single entry (as it's the same job/position) and selected Copenhagen, Denmark as location because the majority of the total period I was working out of the Copenhagen office.

Now I'm filling my e-APR application, and I'm beginning to wonder if the above is fine. In particular, how do I reconcile this with my Personal History and Address History? where I believe it would be more correct and required to break the total period of this employment into two entries -- one for the 2.6yrs located at Copenhagen, Denmark and another entry for the 9month working remotely from Pakistan (please note again: Throughout the entire period, I was in continuous employment in the same position/job-title/role with the same employer based in Copenhagen, Denmark).

This is really confusing me, and I would really appreciate any comments, advice or feedback.

Best regards.

Last edited: