+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History Completion

danesdc

Aug 31, 2021
Hi Everyone! Hope you all are doing good!

I would like to seek for your assistance on having my Work history completed. As of now I am working as a Systems Developer which NOC Code is 2174 and I have already indicated and placed this in my work history as my current job. However, I am now confused is whether should I put the following job history:
  • IT Consultant from my home country for almost 4 years (I'm afraid that its not really the same job that I have right now, will this be still considered as code 2174)
  • In my current job I did part time while I was a student within my allowed working hours.
  • Coffee Shop Barista for almost a year
I am really confused on if I should put all details as I read some people said just put the one connected to your NOC code and some says put all your work history. Thank you in advance whoever can enlighten me on this.

danesdc

Aug 31, 2021
What stream? Are you counting points for your job in your home country?
I'm eligible for CEC, should I count points for my job in my home country? When I did the CRS calculator without the experience back home ill be able to secure 453 points.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm eligible for CEC, should I count points for my job in my home country? When I did the CRS calculator without the experience back home ill be able to secure 453 points.
So what is your NOC for the CEC stream as a barista? If you don’t want to count your foreign experience you don’t have to.

danesdc

Aug 31, 2021
So what is your NOC for the CEC stream as a barista? If you don’t want to count your foreign experience you don’t have to.
So are you saying that I dont need to state my part time job here in Canada when I was a student as Barista? My further concern is the IT consultant job as I was doing troubleshooting and support on existing application and I dont think that is under my NOC code 2174 so should I just not state it on my history? I am just really confused on what should I be stating on the Work History form

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So are you saying that I dont need to state my part time job here in Canada when I was a student as Barista? My further concern is the IT consultant job as I was doing troubleshooting and support on existing application and I dont think that is under my NOC code 2174 so should I just not state it on my history? I am just really confused on what should I be stating on the Work History form
So you are applying for CEC so you must show one year Canadian experience in a NOC A, B or 0 job. Any Canadian work during your studies doesn’t count for CEC. So how many months of Canadian skilled work experience do you have because a barista is NOC C so would not count.

danesdc

Aug 31, 2021
So you are applying for CEC so you must show one year Canadian experience in a NOC A, B or 0 job. Any Canadian work during your studies doesn’t count for CEC. So how many months of Canadian skilled work experience do you have because a barista is NOC C so would not count.
I do have more than a year of experience for my programmer position which is why I already included it on my form already. My main concern is the IT consultant Job I did before in my home country. In my understanding it is way different from my current job right now, should I still include it then?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As for foreign experience, you match your duties to a NOC. It may not be 4174. You need employment letters proving the experience if you are using for CRS points.

danesdc

Aug 31, 2021
As for foreign experience, you match your duties to a NOC. It may not be 4174. You need employment letters proving the experience if you are using for CRS points.
Thank you for this clarification, so I can add another NOC code on my work history? And match it appropriately with my previous foreign work experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for this clarification, so I can add another NOC code on my work history? And match it appropriately with my previous foreign work experience?
You can add another NOC. Your primary NOC is your Canadian experience if applying through CEC.

danesdc

Aug 31, 2021
You can add another NOC. Your primary NOC is your Canadian experience if applying through CEC.
Given that I add this NOC if ever, that means I will need to provide documentation for it right? Is it much better to just input my experience here in Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Given that I add this NOC if ever, that means I will need to provide documentation for it right? Is it much better to just input my experience here in Canada?
Of course you need documentation if counting points. You need an employment letter on letterhead signed by the company official listing your duties, salary and time worked. For Canadian experience, you only count work on your PGWP not as a student. A barista is NOC C so would not count for CEC.

danesdc

Aug 31, 2021
Of course you need documentation if counting points. You need an employment letter on letterhead signed by the company official listing your duties, salary and time worked. For Canadian experience, you only count work on your PGWP not as a student. A barista is NOC C so would not count for CEC.
Thank you for providing me this information! You really helped me! Just to clarify everything, If I chose not to add the foreign work experience I should be okay already and just provide the documentation for my job here in canada and the foreign work experience can be part of my personal history?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for providing me this information! You really helped me! Just to clarify everything, If I chose not to add the foreign work experience I should be okay already and just provide the documentation for my job here in canada and the foreign work experience can be part of my personal history?
Yes

• Love
Reactions: danesdc

danesdc

Aug 31, 2021
Just a follow up question on this, If I did part time job when I was in school that is related to my primary noc code do I add that to my work history?