+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History and Work References

Mrmontana

May 13, 2023
PR application. Do I need to add work experience in “work history” for the past 10 years or just for the years that give me the max points ? Can I just input 3 years in work history and the rest in personal history? It would be incredibly difficult to obtain work references for the past 10 yrs.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
PR application. Do I need to add work experience in “work history” for the past 10 years or just for the years that give me the max points ? Can I just input 3 years in work history and the rest in personal history? It would be incredibly difficult to obtain work references for the past 10 yrs.
If you don't show entire 10 years of your work exp, what are you going to show to justify that gap? You'll have to add something in lieu of it. While getting documents can be a pain, you only option would instead be to lie in your application - which is bad.

You can try to get as many reference letters as you can, attach the proof of communication/refusal/efforts made +LOE and you should be good.

Sjunior01

Sep 5, 2019
Hello,

Did you only add 3 years in history in your application and what did happen regarding your application?