+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work full-time between finishing studies to receiving graduation letter.

Connor313

Apr 4, 2024
Hello all, I am in a bit complex situation. I am currently on Study Permit. I am eligible to work full-time until April 30, 2024. I got a full-time job in IT company and I started to work from January 2024. My studies are going to be finishing on April 20. I want to apply for PGWP, however, I will receive my graduation letter and transcripts in May around 15th. I will apply for PGWP on the same day I will receive graduation letter and transcripts. I know I can work full time until April 30, but can I work full time between 1st and 15th May until I apply for my PGWP?. What are my options what steps should I take. I do not have much time please help any responses are really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
Hi!
I have asked the same question to an immigration advisor at my uni and this is their response.

If in Canada, effective May 1st, you would be able to work part-time until you receive the letter of completion. Once you receive the letter of completion, you must stop working (you do not need to resign, you just need to stop working) or submit your PGWP application to continue working.”

so yeah, you cannot work full time hours but you can work part time hours only. :)

hope this helps

Connor313

Apr 4, 2024
Thanks for responding, I also talked with my college and they are ready to provide me graduation letter early before 30th of April so I will be applying for my PGWP on the same day I receive my graduation letter.