+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work for IRCC or RCIC?

Saintme95

Sep 19, 2022
Hello, I am a newly Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant and want to know if it would be worth it to resign my membership from CICC to work at IRCC for a temporary CR03/04 position.

Even though I haven't started my practice as an immigration consultant, the IRCC job would require me to resign my membership to avoid a conflict of interest. If I were to resign, I would be permanently giving up the license as I would not be eligible to rewrite the CICC licensing exam.

I heard entry-level jobs at IRCC can be stressful, low-pay and has a low job satisfaction rate; I don't mind working in that condition temporarily to learn the public sector and develop myself. But I want to make decent earnings, obtain a higher position and have some work/life flexibility in the future if I give up my license and work for IRCC.

This is a hard decision to make as I am not certain about the future prospects and work conditions for the IRCC job and the possibility of being offered a term of indeterminate, especially when I don't speak French and IRCC is increasing the number of staff (high competition).

So I'd like to ask if there is anyone who resigned their CICC membership to work for IRCC, was it worth it, or was it a mistake?

Thank you for reading my post.