+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

miko4562

Nov 4, 2022
My question regarding proof of experience, i was working abroad for several years, and i cannot reach the employer to get reference letter, can i use the old work VISA In passport as proof.

the work visa was at Malaysia and was renewed yearly for 5 five years and it also mentions the company name and title.

plus to that, i have bank statements to proof the salary and payslips also.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My question regarding proof of experience, i was working abroad for several years, and i cannot reach the employer to get reference letter, can i use the old work VISA In passport as proof.

the work visa was at Malaysia and was renewed yearly for 5 five years and it also mentions the company name and title.

plus to that, i have bank statements to proof the salary and payslips also.

Thank you
No. You need a document that matches your job responsibilities, not title, to a NOC. An old work visa doesn’t show that.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

ailadeborah

Nov 29, 2022
For the most part, immigration officers rely on a sponsoring relative's individual federal income-tax return when evaluating a family-based or marriage-based green card application, but in some cases, additional evidence is required to prove your eligibility to sponsor. This is especially true if you work for yourself.