+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

Jul 26, 2022
Hello,

I worked in India from October 2015 to August 2019, and then moved to Canada for my education. Until May 2020, I continued to work with my company on Indian payroll for 20 hours a week. For my employment reference letter, my previous company is showing me as a fulltime employee until May 2020 (i.e. for 8 months I'll appear to be working for 40 hours a week). Is this a problem for my application since being in Canada as a student means that I need to work for 20 hours a week? I got an ITA in the recent draw, and need to submit documents. Appreciate this forum's help.

Thanks!

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I worked in India from October 2015 to August 2019, and then moved to Canada for my education. Until May 2020, I continued to work with my company on Indian payroll for 20 hours a week. For my employment reference letter, my previous company is showing me as a fulltime employee until May 2020 (i.e. for 8 months I'll appear to be working for 40 hours a week). Is this a problem for my application since being in Canada as a student means that I need to work for 20 hours a week? I got an ITA in the recent draw, and need to submit documents. Appreciate this forum's help.

Thanks!

It will be a problem if your company has Canadian branches or clients.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
They don't care about anything happening outside of Canada, they don't have jurisdiction either. As long as you are not working in Canada for more than 20 hrs/week while studying you are good. IRCC can verify this through tax record.

Reactions: srk_dark_knight