+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

a3k1993

Mar 29, 2019
Hi All,
I have a part time work experience of almost 18 months, 20 hours per week. So the total hours would be 1560 hours. Can i claim that as one year experience or do i have to finish 24 months ? To claim one year experience?
Any help would be appreciated.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi All,
I have a part time work experience of almost 18 months, 20 hours per week. So the total hours would be 1560 hours. Can i claim that as one year experience or do i have to finish 24 months ? To claim one year experience?
Any help would be appreciated.
At 20 Hours per week for 18 months, yes that amounts as exactly 1 year. 1560 Hours. Your math is correct.
78 Weeks x 20h/week = 1560

Those who have to finish 24 months to count as 1 year are working 15 Hours per week. You're at 20.

a3k1993

Mar 29, 2019
Great, thanks for your help. I thought i might have to do full 24 months to get one year experience. That's great. Would you have any idea what documents are required to get it approved from immigration apart from refference letter?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Great, thanks for your help. I thought i might have to do full 24 months to get one year experience. That's great. Would you have any idea what documents are required to get it approved from immigration apart from refference letter?
If your work letter is 100% spot on, then technically you wouldn't need anything else.
But usually, pay slips are highly appreciated as proof of salary, and it usually also mentions working hours and taxes paid etc...
It just brings some good amount of strength.

It really boils down to how well your work letter is made.

a3k1993

Mar 29, 2019
Also last question, i am currently living in Australia on a student visa and i did this job while studying for my post graduate diploma in accounting. Can i still claim points for my post grad diploma and work experience?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Also last question, i am currently living in Australia on a student visa and i did this job while studying for my post graduate diploma in accounting. Can i still claim points for my post grad diploma and work experience?
Yes u can

a3k1993

Mar 29, 2019
Someone told me that you can only claim one either experience or your studies. Because that experience was gained during bachelors degree. Does that makes the difference?

a3k1993

Mar 29, 2019
Can I count part-time work toward the work experience requirement?
You can count part-time work toward the work experience requirement, as long as you were not a full-time student at the time.

However, you must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1560 hours)

KMDM1990

Feb 20, 2019
Dear All,

Dear all, I received my ITA in 112th draw and have score of 475. (Outland Applicant)

So far my documentation gathering was going smooth and now i have hit a major roadblock.
I NEED HELP FOR MY LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT.

Since Oct 2015 till now, I have been working in a single company in India, so that's almost 3.5 years.
I got pay raise twice but no raise in position/ designation. How should i put it on my employment reference letter?
Like should i divide my letter in three parts or should i show just my current salary and current job duties?

Also we are a group of companies.
Due to accounting practices in my company of tax savings and turnovers, my salary in last 3 years have come from 3 different companies (Same owner/ director). so my salary slips and bank entries are showing 3 names instead of one that I mentioned as my place of employment in profile. What should I do?

Will i get rejection because of this?
Getting really scared!