+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

kvakumar

Jul 9, 2017
hi
I have 5 years of foreign Continuous foreign experience.

i came to canada (ontario) in 2016 and completed my studies. i have got a job in a company which is full time(40 hrs/week). i have completed 6 months and i got a dismissal letter from the employer.
during this period of 6 months i have totally worked for 1020 hours. (1560-1020= 540 hrs remaining)

now my question is do i need to have a Continuous employment under one employer...?
can I work the remaining working hours under different company..? (Remaining working hours 386 hrs)
it takes some time to get a new job. does the gap between these two jobs is considered as one year of canadian experience ?
do i need to work one more year ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi
I have 5 years of foreign Continuous foreign experience.

i came to canada (ontario) in 2016 and completed my studies. i have got a job in a company which is full time(40 hrs/week). i have completed 6 months and i got a dismissal letter from the employer.
during this period of 6 months i have totally worked for 1020 hours. (1560-1020= 540 hrs remaining)

now my question is do i need to have a Continuous employment under one employer...?
can I work the remaining working hours under different company..? (Remaining working hours 386 hrs)
it takes some time to get a new job. does the gap between these two jobs is considered as one year of canadian experience ?
do i need to work one more year ?

Thanks
You've misunderstood how work experience is calculated. You only have six months of Canadian work experience right now. You need another six months of Canadian work experience (with at least 30 hours of work each week) if you want to claim 1 year of Canadian work experience.

To claim the 1 year, you not only have to have enough hours - you must also have 52 separate weeks where you worked at least 30 hours each week. You cannot use extra hours worked to make up additional weeks. It's only counted as 1 week of work experience - regardless of whether you worked 30, 40 or 90 hours.

Reactions: DelPiero07

kvakumar

Jul 9, 2017
You've misunderstood how work experience is calculated. You only have six months of Canadian work experience right now. You need another six months of Canadian work experience (with at least 30 hours of work each week) if you want to claim 1 year of Canadian work experience.

To claim the 1 year, you not only have to have enough hours - you must also have 52 separate weeks where you worked at least 30 hours each week. You cannot use extra hours worked to make up additional weeks. It's only counted as 1 week of work experience - regardless of whether you worked 30, 40 or 90 hours.

Thanks for the reply

as i got the dismissal letter from that employer, if i work 6 months more for another employer is that sufficient to apply for PR under CEC

superpanda007

Jun 15, 2018
yes, if you work another 6 months and each week at least 30 working hours then you are eligible for applying PR under CEC no matter there is a gap between each job. (all job titles need to under NOC O A B type)