+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

samkkkk

May 10, 2017
Hello,

I just need some information regarding the exact work experience that I've in terms of duration.

Following is the information, stated as under from my Record of employment:-
10. First day worked - 26/6/2014
11. Last day for which paid - 18/06/2015
12. Final pay period ending date- 26/6/2014

15a. Total insurable hours according to chart - 1853
15c. Pay periods are 27.

Honestly, there's big time confusion with regards to this matter. Look forward to hearing from anyone who can provide genuine advice. Thanks and have a great day.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi all
I have this specific question about work experience claim.
I completed my b.com from Mumbai University in 2009 and my CA Inter in 2011 from ICAI. Since now we get a separate certificate after completing CA Inter (also known as Exit route) i have the Accounting Technician Certificate from ICAI. On the basis of these two, I wish to claim points for Two or more degrees/certificates/diplomas (WES is yet to be done). For now we ASSUME that WES will also conclude the same.
Since B.com is a full time course I am aware that I wont be able to claim work experience points prior to 2009. But CA Inter being a distance learning course, can I claim work experience from 2009 or will it be counted only from 2011 i.e after I got the Accounting Technician Certificate?
I read on the CIC website that you cant claim work experience for the period during which you were studying full time. But I have heard from other sources that they only consider work experience after the last qualification assessed for was completed (which in my case would be 2011).
Can anyone shed any light on this?
PS: I am aware that CA articleship wont be counted towards skilled work experience.

Dhinakar V

Oct 24, 2017
Hi all
I have this specific question about work experience claim.
I completed my b.com from Mumbai University in 2009 and my CA Inter in 2011 from ICAI. Since now we get a separate certificate after completing CA Inter (also known as Exit route) i have the Accounting Technician Certificate from ICAI. On the basis of these two, I wish to claim points for Two or more degrees/certificates/diplomas (WES is yet to be done). For now we ASSUME that WES will also conclude the same.
Since B.com is a full time course I am aware that I wont be able to claim work experience points prior to 2009. But CA Inter being a distance learning course, can I claim work experience from 2009 or will it be counted only from 2011 i.e after I got the Accounting Technician Certificate?
I read on the CIC website that you cant claim work experience for the period during which you were studying full time. But I have heard from other sources that they only consider work experience after the last qualification assessed for was completed (which in my case would be 2011).
Can anyone shed any light on this?
PS: I am aware that CA articleship wont be counted towards skilled work experience.
Congratulations on obtaining the invite. I too have a similar issue. I possess 5 years of experience after clearing the final ICWA exams; but applied for ICWA membership just now. Can I claim the experience prior to obtaining membership? Thanks in advance.