+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
One of the employers that I worked for for 4 years, then took a sabbatical for 1 year and 8 months to pursue my Masters and then rejoined the employer albeit in a different Geography (US). Worked there for 9 months and returned to my home country and continued with the same employer for 9 months. The NOC remains the same across my time spent with the employer. Should I have different entries for work experience 1) before and after sabbatical, 2) different geographies or can I club them together? Do I have to provide separate employment reference letters for before and after sabbatical or one single letter explaining all my experience should do?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
dgo said:
One of the employers that I worked for for 4 years, then took a sabbatical for 1 year and 8 months to pursue my Masters and then rejoined the employer albeit in a different Geography (US). Worked there for 9 months and returned to my home country and continued with the same employer for 9 months. The NOC remains the same across my time spent with the employer. Should I have different entries for work experience 1) before and after sabbatical, 2) different geographies or can I club them together? Do I have to provide separate employment reference letters for before and after sabbatical or one single letter explaining all my experience should do?
Different entries for each geography and a single letter for all. Use an LOE to explain.

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
Thanks a lot for your reply. I worked on 2 projects in 2 different states in the US during the 9 months (3 + 6). Separate entries for them?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
dgo said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. I worked on 2 projects in 2 different states in the US during the 9 months (3 + 6). Separate entries for them?
No, single entry for US is fine. One entry each for each country.

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
Thanks. I have them as separate entries in my EE profile. Should I continue with that or can I edit that in my PR application?