IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Is it okay to leave off irrelevant work experience? For example, I worked for one week as a temporary employee at a company through a Staffing Agency before landing a full time job elsewhere; do I need to mention this? Also, do I need to mention any unpaid internships?

Any clarification would be appreciated! :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anything that doesn't get you points is (in your own words) irrelevant and can be safely left out of your EE profile. You will be required to provide full disclosure in the Personal history section of your post ITA profile and you should mention them there.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Asivad Anac said:
Anything that doesn't get you points is (in your own words) irrelevant and can be safely left out of your EE profile. You will be required to provide full disclosure in the Personal history section of your post ITA profile and you should mention them there.
Asisvad Anac, once again, you've put my mind at ease! Thanks so much for all of the help you provide on this forum.

This is a huge relief, because I don't think I'd have been able to get letters of employment from either of them!

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Asivad Anac said:
Just a follow up to this. I can't remember when I initially filled out my express entry profile before qualifying for the ITA - did they have us fill in all of our work experience there as well? Because I may want to leave out some for ease in the Work experience section on my ITA. I mean, we only need one year continuous paid work Level 0, A or B full time within the past ten years right? Question is though, I can't remember if we filled in any of those specifics in the Express entry profile, and if I leave them out of work experience now (Even though I'll put them in my personal history) if that's going to come back to bite me.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericanMovingToCanada said:
Just a follow up to this. I can't remember when I initially filled out my express entry profile before qualifying for the ITA - did they have us fill in all of our work experience there as well? Because I may want to leave out some for ease in the Work experience section on my ITA. I mean, we only need one year continuous paid work Level 0, A or B full time within the past ten years right? Question is though, I can't remember if we filled in any of those specifics in the Express entry profile, and if I leave them out of work experience now (Even though I'll put them in my personal history) if that's going to come back to bite me.
1. That 1 year bit is only for EE eligibility.

2. To get the highest possible score under Skills Transferability, you'll need 3 years of foreign work experience of NOC 0/A/B within last 10 years.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Asivad Anac said:
1. That 1 year bit is only for EE eligibility.

2. To get the highest possible score under Skills Transferability, you'll need 3 years of foreign work experience of NOC 0/A/B within last 10 years.
And you definitely need all 3 years to get in correct?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And you definitely need all 3 years to get in correct?
You need all 3 years to have a shot at the highest possible score in Skills Transferability section.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Asivad Anac said:
You need all 3 years to have a shot at the highest possible score in Skills Transferability section.
Got it! Thanks! But if I leave 3 years up there, I can remove anything else I want correct? As long as I keep it under Personal History?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got it! Thanks! But if I leave 3 years up there, I can remove anything else I want correct? As long as I keep it under Personal History?
Yes. Provided reference letters for those 3 years stand up to scrutiny, there won't be any trouble with leaving other work experience out of your Work history.