+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience while working remotely (temporarily)

rfg123zzz

Apr 29, 2023
Hi,

If I go out of canada and work remotely for the canadian company for a month or two, would that one/two month count as a valid experience for CEC or other express entry programs?

Or do I have to be physically present in Canada for the work experience to count?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

If I go out of canada and work remotely for the canadian company for a month or two, would that one/two month count as a valid experience for CEC or other express entry programs?

Or do I have to be physically present in Canada for the work experience to count?
Your experience outside Canada can count as foreign experience if skilled.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi,

Simply put, IRCC can easily tell that you were outside of Canada for those 2 months whether you claim it or not. But if you do, your application maybe rejected if without the months you don't qualify or they decide it was misrepresentation of your work experience. It is definitely not worth risk, there is zero upside to it.

rfg123zzz

Apr 29, 2023
Simply put, IRCC can easily tell that you were outside of Canada for those 2 months whether you claim it or not. But if you do, your application maybe rejected if without the months you don't qualify or they decide it was misrepresentation of your work experience. It is definitely not worth risk, there is zero upside to it.
So if I understand correctly, I can spend 2 months in the next 26 months outside Canada(remotely working), and after 26 months, I can claim 2 years of Canadian experience since it doesn’t have to be continuous. Is that correct?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So if I understand correctly, I can spend 2 months in the next 26 months outside Canada(remotely working), and after 26 months, I can claim 2 years of Canadian experience since it doesn’t have to be continuous. Is that correct?

Thank you.
Yes