+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience verification

BarryO

Jun 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for Canada PR. I'm working in medical field as an Accountant in a sole proprietorship firm which has been in business for more than 30 years & has good turnover for a sole proprietorship. My question is by the time I apply for PR & as verification process starts I will not be in the country as I'm planning to take a "no pay" leave for 3-4 months. My boss is willing to provide me help with respect to PR process such as reference letter & responding to calls to verify my work experience.
Would it be a problem if I'm on leave at the time of verification process?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for Canada PR. I'm working in medical field as an Accountant in a sole proprietorship firm which has been in business for more than 30 years & has good turnover for a sole proprietorship. My question is by the time I apply for PR & as verification process starts I will not be in the country as I'm planning to take a "no pay" leave for 3-4 months. My boss is willing to provide me help with respect to PR process such as reference letter & responding to calls to verify my work experience.
Would it be a problem if I'm on leave at the time of verification process?
Yes, as long as you are still in the company payroll and you have provided sufficient documentation to proof your work history with them , IRCC won't really care much if you left for a vacation or not.

You actually dont need to mention it in your application at all, just provide the required assertions as per their instructions.

However, if you are planning to do this trip before you submit your eAPR ,make sure to include it in the travel history. But, if this leave will start after you have submitted your application , then you won't be required to disclose it at all.

Regards

BarryO

Jun 18, 2019
Yes, as long as you are still in the company payroll and you have provided sufficient documentation to proof your work history with them , IRCC won't really care much if you left for a vacation or not.

You actually dont need to mention it in your application at all, just provide the required assertions as per their instructions.

However, if you are planning to do this trip before you submit your eAPR ,make sure to include it in the travel history. But, if this leave will start after you have submitted your application , then you won't be required to disclose it at all.

Regards
Thank you very much for the reply.

"However, if you are planning to do this trip before you submit your eAPR ,make sure to include it in the travel history"
This could be the case with me. I might actually leave before I receive ITA.
"But, if this leave will start after you have submitted your application , then you won't be required to disclose it at all".

In both cases that you mentioned, my physical presence not needed in the country?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thank you very much for the reply.

"However, if you are planning to do this trip before you submit your eAPR ,make sure to include it in the travel history"
This could be the case with me. I might actually leave before I receive ITA.
"But, if this leave will start after you have submitted your application , then you won't be required to disclose it at all".

In both cases that you mentioned, my physical presence not needed in the country?
Again ,it depends on when you will submit your eAPR, if it happened before your do it , then you must include it in your travel history section in the eAPR (this wont be needed at all when filling your EE profile).

You can put estimate dates as to when you will return.

Note here: you don't need to put a travel out and in your country of residence and your country of citizenship , meaning you only need to mention travels to other places beyond these two.

For example , you are an Indian national and you are staying in the UK , if you traveled back to India for a vacation , that won't be required to be included as it won't consistence any high risk factor when processing your background check. But lets say you travel to USA for whatever purpose, then yes include that as it is a country where you didn't declare as your country of residence in your application.

Many people in this forum always say include everything ,but you gotta ask yourself a question , do you have to? I mean is it clearly stated that you need to?

it's pretty much a matter of choice and how you want to feel about your case, I personally did include all of my travel even to my country of citizenship just to be 100% sure I didn't miss anything, but that's just beyond what is needed from me and it doesn't mean that Am in a better situation than those who didn't do it.

Goodluck

BarryO

Jun 18, 2019
Again ,it depends on when you will submit your eAPR, if it happened before your do it , then you must include it in your travel history section in the eAPR (this wont be needed at all when filling your EE profile).

You can put estimate dates as to when you will return.

Note here: you don't need to put a travel out and in your country of residence and your country of citizenship , meaning you only need to mention travels to other places beyond these two.

For example , you are an Indian national and you are staying in the UK , if you traveled back to India for a vacation , that won't be required to be included as it won't consistence any high risk factor when processing your background check. But lets say you travel to USA for whatever purpose, then yes include that as it is a country where you didn't declare as your country of residence in your application.

Many people in this forum always say include everything ,but you gotta ask yourself a question , do you have to? I mean is it clearly stated that you need to?

it's pretty much a matter of choice and how you want to feel about your case, I personally did include all of my travel even to my country of citizenship just to be 100% sure I didn't miss anything, but that's just beyond what is needed from me and it doesn't mean that Am in a better situation than those who didn't do it.

Goodluck
Wow!! thank you, that pretty much covers probably my "unborn doubts in mind" !
" I personally did include all of my travel even to my country of citizenship just to be 100% sure I didn't miss anything," _/\_ _/\_:))

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Wow!! thank you, that pretty much covers probably my "unborn doubts in mind" !
" I personally did include all of my travel even to my country of citizenship just to be 100% sure I didn't miss anything," _/\_ _/\_:))
Don't do it if it will make you doubt what you entered. remember, IRCC did not ask for it at the first place. Only to travels to places outside your country of residence or citizenship is MANDATORY.