+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Verification query

palaknagpal3

Jul 30, 2019
I am 25 years old and I am currently working in a user supported role in an accounting software company for the last one and a half years in Melbourne, Australia. My previous work experience was in the media field for one and a half years (some of the work experience was completed while studying and the rest after I finished my masters). I have applied for Federal skilled visa for express entry. The issue is with my media work experience, they do not provide any work experience letter except a letter of service and also that particular company shut down its face to face roles last year which means all my manager, contacts and everyone I worked with now has taken up jobs in other roles. However, I have enough evidence to prove that I worked there. I still am in touch and in very good terms with my immediate manager of the time I worked there and he is willing to provide me any references with his company card attached to the letter. I have two colleagues who were team-leaders who are also willing to offer references. I also have pay slips and numerous photos to show that I was employed there. I also have a certificate from them on my completion of 1 year service with them. My only confusion at this stage is with the reference letter as the company is longer is in operation. Will the reference letters and other proofs be enough for the Canada immigration to verify that I was employed there.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
you need the roles and responsibilities letter. get it from a colleague or someone higher up who worked there along with evidence that they worked there as well - an id card or something.