+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Validity

stevejk

Jul 14, 2015
Just wanted to check a small detail in regard to how long the Canadian work experience points for EE last for. As I understand it, you can only claim these up to three years after you have worked in Canada. So I have two years of Canadian work experience (June 2013 - June 2015). Does this mean that come June 2017 I will no longer be able to get a years worth of Canadian work experience points (based on one of those years of Canadian work experience from June 2013 - 2014, and June 2017 being three years after this finished)?

Many thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stevejk said:
Just wanted to check a small detail in regard to how long the Canadian work experience points for EE last for. As I understand it, you can only claim these up to three years after you have worked in Canada. So I have two years of Canadian work experience (June 2013 - June 2015). Does this mean that come June 2017 I will no longer be able to get a years worth of Canadian work experience points (based on one of those years of Canadian work experience from June 2013 - 2014, and June 2017 being three years after this finished)?

Many thanks.
This would only affect your eligibility for CEC if you do not "have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply," http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

You will still get points for Canadian work experience, that won't change.

Cheers :)

stevejk

Jul 14, 2015
I'm confused by this. It clearly states it needs to be WITHIN the last three years? My Canadian work experience was 24 months full time.

DelPiero07 said:
This would only affect your eligibility for CEC if you do not "have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply," http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

You will still get points for Canadian work experience, that won't change.

Cheers :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stevejk said:
I'm confused by this. It clearly states it needs to be WITHIN the last three years? My Canadian work experience was 24 months full time.
This is about your eligibility not about the points you get for Canadian experience.

If you do not have at least a year of full time work experience in Canada within the 3 years before you apply then you won't be eligible for CEC anymore. You would have to go through the FSW program to apply to Express Entry.