+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience timeline in EE profile or Personal history in EE forms?

ligarashi

Jan 23, 2019
Hi there,

I work for a government health agency since November 2018 and have recently accrued a 1 year full-time work experience in Canada. The "problem" is that from November 7 until December 7th 2018, I worked part-time because I was still a student. Then from December 8th 2018 (my graduation date) until January 10th 2019 I did not work as I was waiting for the college documentation to apply for a PGWP. I resumed working on January 14th (after applying for the PGWP in Jan 11th).

The point is, I just got a letter from my employer and my starting date is mentioned as November 7th. I asked them to add a note stating the dates I worked as a part time employee and the timeframe I did not work, as well as the date I started working 37.5 hours per week (Jan 14th).

So far, so good. My question is in regards to the EE profile itself. In Work experience, should I mention the part time job (so that my experience start date matches the letter I have from my employer? Or can I add my Canadian experience as it started from Jan 14th on and add the part-time in my "personal history" section when I actually get invited and need to fill out all forms for EE?

I am to receive an ITA in the next draw, so I would just like to make sure I am adding experience in the EE profile the right way.

Last edited: