+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience related questions during implied status in EE profile

Alphatooth

Sep 6, 2020
Hello everyone,
I've just started creating EE profile and few questions are bugging me related to the work experience during implied status. I've went through almost all the questions concerning but they haven't completely cleared my clouds on the questions asked in work history. I completed my 1 year PG diploma on July 2019 and applied for PGWP on September 8, 2019. After few months, it finally got approved and the work permit is of 1 year duration starting from January 2020. I have started working as a full time employee for a security company the day I've applied for my PGWP. I need help answering the following questions

Working legally in Canada during this time?

1) A person must have:

• been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
  • had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
  • not stayed longer than the approved time period.
I cannot answer this because I'm under implied status. Should I say YES ?

2) Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program.

3) Which of these categories does my job fall under?

Is it no work permit required or work permit required, no LMIA required.

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated guys. Pls shed the light.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
If your study permit had expired by the time you applied for your PGWP you were supposed to apply for restoration of your study permit along with your work permit application. The time that you worked between when you applied and when your PGWP arrived would be work without authorisation because if you apply for a new permit AFTER the previous one had expired you are not on implied status.

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi @thevisawhisperer ,

I have a similar situation. I applied for PGWP on Feb 12, 2019( at this time my study permit was still valid upto Aug 31, 2019). Since then I started working full time in NOC B level job for four months and then started working in NOC A level job after my PGWP got approved. Can I claim points points for the four months period during implied status? And does two different level NOC's can be counted towards CEC? Thank you.