+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience related question WFH in Canada/India

Jan 19, 2022
Hello,

I am confused about one thing before applying for PR under CEC (Canadian Experience Class) any help would be appreciated.

So, the question is I have been started my new job on Jan 14, 2021. Then I took a vacation on Dec 5, 2021 to visit India and currently, I am working from India from Jan 3, 2022 to Jan 27, 2022(back in Canada) as in Canada my job is WFH.

So do these two months get counted toward my experience under requirement of CEC (1560 hrs/approx 12 months) or do I have to work for 2 more months(Feb,March) from Canada and then apply for PR?

Thank you everyone.

Last edited:

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello,

I am confused about one thing before applying for PR under CEC (Canadian Experience Class) any help would be appreciated.

So, the question is I have been started my new job on Jan 14, 2021. Then I took a vacation on Dec 5, 2021 to visit India and currently, I am working from India from Jan 3, 2022 to Jan 27, 2022(back in Canada) as in Canada my job is WFH.

So do these two months get counted toward my experience under requirement of CEC (1560 hrs/approx 12 months) or do I have to work for 2 more months(Feb,March) from Canada and then apply for PR?

Thank you everyone.
to answer to your question: working from India remotely for 2 months doesn't count towards your 1 year of experience for CEC. You have to be physically here in Canada even if it's a remote work. Its better to work 2 more months here in Canada and then apply for PR.
Else, that would be a misrepresentation for submitting your application by gaining 2 months of experience from India.

I'll leave it upto the experts here if they have any suggestions.