+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience related issues

sivomsivom

Jun 21, 2018
Hi! I have research experience of 6 years from two different research institutes. From one I have 3.5 years experience and from another, 2.5 years. But after 2017 March, I wam unemployed and was pursuing PhD which completed in November 2019. How much experience would be counted for express entry and do I need to put up salary slips as well, as they were not issued to us. Will my bank statement serve the puspose?

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi! I have research experience of 6 years from two different research institutes. From one I have 3.5 years experience and from another, 2.5 years. But after 2017 March, I wam unemployed and was pursuing PhD which completed in November 2019. How much experience would be counted for express entry and do I need to put up salary slips as well, as they were not issued to us. Will my bank statement serve the puspose?
Your skilled work experience must be
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • Full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • Equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • Full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Yes, you may show your bank account statements, ITR's, Reference Letter to substantiate your salary if you're not having the pay slips.

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
As outlanders, you don't need to submit payslips, of course, they can ask that later but only Work Experience Letter is mandatory. The maximum points that you get are for 3 years of work experience. So it's up to you if you want to put both jobs under Work History, if you do, you will need to 2 Work Experience Letters otherwise you can put the 3.5 years work + letter and the other under personal history since you don't claim points for it.