+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience/ reference letter

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
Hello

I could get the work experience letter from my company's HR but it doesn't include job duties.
I can get the job duties from my direct manger however not on company letterhead and I can't get it notarized nor include his business card.

Would it be accepted if he it was on blank paper with my manager's contact details mentioned?

Another option is to have it on a paper with company's logo only (no address or contacts) and the logo will be slightly different of the one issued by HR as it will be specific to my department (same company logo with the department logo below it) and will also include my manager's contacts.

Appreciating your help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your employment letter must include job duties as this is the most important part of the letter and a mandatory document. Go with your final option. It must include, salary, hours worked and time with the company.

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
Your employment letter must include job duties as this is the most important part of the letter and a mandatory document. Go with your final option. It must include, salary, hours worked and time with the company.
The reference letter with duties will be separate than than the official one issued by HR that contains the salary, etc... Will be ok for both letters to have different logos? ( the official one has company+HR logo with address, phones and email... and the second one with company+department logo without contacts of the company)?

sivomsivom

Jun 21, 2018
Hi! I have research experience of 6 years from two different research institutes. From one I have 3.5 years experience and from another, 2.5 years. But after 2017 March, I was unemployed and was pursuing PhD which completed in November 2019. How much experience would be counted for express entry and do I need to put up salary slips as well, as they were not issued to us. Will my bank statement serve the purpose?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi! I have research experience of 6 years from two different research institutes. From one I have 3.5 years experience and from another, 2.5 years. But after 2017 March, I was unemployed and was pursuing PhD which completed in November 2019. How much experience would be counted for express entry and do I need to put up salary slips as well, as they were not issued to us. Will my bank statement serve the purpose?
Express entry counts only counts 3 years of foreign work experience. You need employment letters as a letter is mandator.

sivomsivom

Jun 21, 2018
Express entry counts only counts 3 years of foreign work experience. You need employment letters as a letter is mandator.
Alright but what sort of letter is considered as employment letter? I was working on contract basis and it was renewed every year. So, do I need to furnish all the letters year-wise or the skill-set letter as per my NOC will serve the purpose as it mentions all the posts held, time duration and the projects I worked in.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Alright but what sort of letter is considered as employment letter? I was working on contract basis and it was renewed every year. So, do I need to furnish all the letters year-wise or the skill-set letter as per my NOC will serve the purpose as it mentions all the posts held, time duration and the projects I worked in.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Read through the work experience requirements. You can list multiple jobs for one company in one letter.

sivomsivom

Jun 21, 2018
Ok. It means we can ask for a experience letter mentioning all the details. But do we need to furnish pay slips as well because we were not issued any. So, the bank statements will work ? There isn't much clarity in the requirements mentioned by the CIC. Therefore, I seek your valuable advice.

Mikkyshow

Nov 12, 2020
Good day friends, please, I want to know. Is it compulsory that the company's stamp must be included in my reference letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok. It means we can ask for a experience letter mentioning all the details. But do we need to furnish pay slips as well because we were not issued any. So, the bank statements will work ? There isn't much clarity in the requirements mentioned by the CIC. Therefore, I seek your valuable advice.
The letter & contact information is most important. You can include bank statements too.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello

I could get the work experience letter from my company's HR but it doesn't include job duties.
I can get the job duties from my direct manger however not on company letterhead and I can't get it notarized nor include his business card.

Would it be accepted if he it was on blank paper with my manager's contact details mentioned?

Another option is to have it on a paper with company's logo only (no address or contacts) and the logo will be slightly different of the one issued by HR as it will be specific to my department (same company logo with the department logo below it) and will also include my manager's contacts.

Appreciating your help
When first applied for your Job, was there any kind of announcement?
Did they post the position online or newspaper?
Try to make a use of it as it should have mentioned what is expected from you to perform and provide a proof that have applied for it and was selected.
This way your duties are addressed officially
Add your manager reference letter
Also add any attendance proof for working hours whether it was electronic or hard copy punch card for example)

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
When first applied for your Job, was there any kind of announcement?
Did they post the position online or newspaper?
Try to make a use of it as it should have mentioned what is expected from you to perform and provide a proof that have applied for it and was selected.
This way your duties are addressed officially
Add your manager reference letter
Also add any attendance proof for working hours whether it was electronic or hard copy punch card for example)
I already have the employment letter with everything needed by IRCC except job duties ot has the main company X logo .
There's nothing I can provide for job duties except my manager's letter.
The question is:
1- can I submit my manager letter on blank paper without notarization?
2- Can I submit my manager letter with the logo of department (different than the one provided by HR but mentioning that this department is a member of X company)

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hello

Appreciating your help
If HR cant do their freaking job, you can of course go around it and ask your manager to sign an affidavit or letter. Then, do a letter of explanation to explain now HR wouldnt provide all the info and how u thus asked ur supervisor. Also include email trails if you have them, to support your candor.

In my case I couldn't even ask HR to provide a letter (for obvious reasons), so I asked 2 colleagues to sign letters containing all the requirements that were required by IRCC. In an explanation letter I explained why I couldnt provide a letter from the employer. My file was approved without any questions.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
I already have the employment letter with everything needed by IRCC except job duties ot has the main company X logo .
There's nothing I can provide for job duties except my manager's letter.
The question is:
1- can I submit my manager letter on blank paper without notarization?
2- Can I submit my manager letter with the logo of department (different than the one provided by HR but mentioning that this department is a member of X company)
1. Yes although notarization is better. But you can explain that with covid it's complicated.

2. It doesnt really matter at this point whether its on official letterhead or not. Just make sure to clearly state your supervisor's status details and relationship with you. The letter from HR already shows you're employed with that company.