+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Questions

May 9, 2020
Hello everyone. I have just graduated from a 4-year undergrad last year and am now working towards applying for the Canadian Experience Class application. I have quite a few questions that I would like advice on:
1.) I am currently working full-time under an incorporated startup but I am not being paid minimum wage. Does that experience count?
2.) What kind of documents would I need as proof of work?
3.) It says that the valid job offer should be for at least a year to count towards work experience. I worked part-time last year but only for half a year (right after I graduated in April). Would that experience count?
4.) When will I get the invitation to apply for EE? I graduated last year, obtained my Post Graduation Work Permit and I haven't received any letter of invitation so far. Is it something I need to apply for? If so, when do I need to apply?
5.) Does my line of work need to be related to the degree I graduated with?

I know it's a lot of questions but I would really appreciate it if you can answer at least one or two of them. I have a lot of anxiety towards earning my EE. I love this country so much and I am doing the best I can to earn my PR and stay.

Thank you!

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
1) yes, full time and pain job is qualified
2) a reference or employment letter with specific information CIC ask for and supporting docs like NOA and paystubs
3) I don't get your question. you need at least a year of work experience in Canada to apply for PR under CEC. You can combine multiple part times if those are at least skilled Level B jobs
4) you need to create the PR application with your CIC account. You will be invited when your score is greater than a minimum score of a draw. I think you need to study yourself how Canadian PR system works. You can always search for the lastest information on canada.ca
5) Nope

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. I have just graduated from a 4-year undergrad last year and am now working towards applying for the Canadian Experience Class application. I have quite a few questions that I would like advice on:
1.) I am currently working full-time under an incorporated startup but I am not being paid minimum wage. Does that experience count?
2.) What kind of documents would I need as proof of work?
3.) It says that the valid job offer should be for at least a year to count towards work experience. I worked part-time last year but only for half a year (right after I graduated in April). Would that experience count?
4.) When will I get the invitation to apply for EE? I graduated last year, obtained my Post Graduation Work Permit and I haven't received any letter of invitation so far. Is it something I need to apply for? If so, when do I need to apply?
5.) Does my line of work need to be related to the degree I graduated with?

I know it's a lot of questions but I would really appreciate it if you can answer at least one or two of them. I have a lot of anxiety towards earning my EE. I love this country so much and I am doing the best I can to earn my PR and stay.

Thank you!
1) If you aren't even being paid minimum wage, then you should expect that IRCC may challenge you on whether you can count this as work experience.
2) Employment letter, pay slipts, tax returns
3) You need an approved LMIA from your employer if you want to claim the 50 points for having a job offer.
4) You need to create an Express Entry profile first. In order to receive an invitation, you need to have enough points to beat out other applicants. It sounds like you're not yet familiar with the basics of the program. Suggest you dedicate time to reading through the details here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html
5) No, it doesn't need to be related. However it does need to be a NOC A, B or 0 skill level occupation.

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=665&top=29
There is no minimum wage qualifications
1) If you aren't even being paid minimum wage, then you should expect that IRCC may challenge you on whether you can count this as work experience.
2) Employment letter, pay slipts, tax returns
3) You need an approved LMIA from your employer if you want to claim the 50 points for having a job offer.
4) You need to create an Express Entry profile first. In order to receive an invitation, you need to have enough points to beat out other applicants. It sounds like you're not yet familiar with the basics of the program. Suggest you dedicate time to reading through the details here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html
5) No, it doesn't need to be related. However it does need to be a NOC A, B or 0 skill level occupation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Technically there isn't. However we've seen a number of CEC refusals on this forum where individuals were being paid too far below the expected wage. In those cases, IRCC challenged whether they were in fact doing that job and refused them on the basis they weren't being paid enough for the occupation they claimed they were doing. If someone isn't even being paid minimum wage, they should expect problems and should expect IRCC will challenge if they are actually doing the job they say they are doing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
Technically there isn't. However we've seen a number of CEC refusals on this forum where individuals were being paid too far below the expected wage. In those cases, IRCC challenged whether they were in fact doing that job and refused them on the basis they weren't being paid enough for the occupation they claimed they were doing. If someone isn't even being paid minimum wage, they should expect problems and should expect IRCC will challenge if they are actually doing the job they say they are doing.
that somewhat makes sense. Good to know!

May 9, 2020
Thank you for your detailed response. That is really good to know. Sad to hear that if I am not paid minimum wage the hours won't count :'(

May 9, 2020
1) yes, full time and pain job is qualified
2) a reference or employment letter with specific information CIC ask for and supporting docs like NOA and paystubs
3) I don't get your question. you need at least a year of work experience in Canada to apply for PR under CEC. You can combine multiple part times if those are at least skilled Level B jobs
4) you need to create the PR application with your CIC account. You will be invited when your score is greater than a minimum score of a draw. I think you need to study yourself how Canadian PR system works. You can always search for the lastest information on canada.ca
5) Nope
Thank you for answering my questions. For question 3, yes, I wanted to confirm if I can combine multiple jobs to add the hours