TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Hi everyone,

I've already got my reference letters from my past employers. However some of them don't mention how long I worked for them. How am I supposed to proceed now? Also, I don't have my past payslips as well.... Any tips anyone?

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a tough spot, if I have to be honest. Do you have a joining letter? Or maybe a relieving letter? Both of those would be immensely helpful. If the companies that you worked for are big enough, they might have records of you working there so a mail from the HR saying that you have worked there could be super helpful too?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
TLOU said:
Hi everyone,

I've already got my reference letters from my past employers. However some of them don't mention how long I worked for them. How am I supposed to proceed now? Also, I don't have my past payslips as well.... Any tips anyone?
Is it possible to get them to redo the letters for you? Pay stubs and Tax records could be used as supporting documents, however job letters are a main requirement.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Thanks for replying. Would prefer not to contact companies I left couple of years ago as it feels a little bit awkward? I dunno maybe I will if I don't have choice. Wouldn't showing my bank statements containing my salary from those companies enough?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
TLOU said:
Thanks for replying. Would prefer not to contact companies I left couple of years ago as it feels a little bit awkward? I dunno maybe I will if I don't have choice. Wouldn't showing my bank statements containing my salary from those companies enough?
No, if you're applying under FSWP you must show work experience. Bank statements containing salary do not prove to CIC that you have actually performed the duties that you said you have. They must be able to contact someone in order to verify this information. (Your supervisor/manager).

See item (12) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well see now this is a problem. I was part of a big IT outsourcing firm, so the experience letters they give out only contain the title and my period of stay with that company. Is there a way around this, because they technically can't give out my "role" as such, it was an outsourcing firm that basically means anything that was part of the project requirement.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
rainman400 said:
Well see now this is a problem. I was part of a big IT outsourcing firm, so the experience letters they give out only contain the title and my period of stay with that company. Is there a way around this, because they technically can't give out my "role" as such, it was an outsourcing firm that basically means anything that was part of the project requirement.
You need to find the people you have worked with to attest for you. Your supervisor/manager, the project manager, other project team members, the customer, etc. and note the other requirements, where letters must be written on company letter heads and stamped with the company seal if possible.

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol oh well. Hey does it matter too much if it isn't the NOC number I am applying for? I mean I am still going to try to get it , just that not securing something so official shouldn't be a reason for me to not submit my application.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
rainman400 said:
Lol oh well. Hey does it matter too much if it isn't the NOC number I am applying for? I mean I am still going to try to get it , just that not securing something so official shouldn't be a reason for me to not submit my application.
I don't know, perhaps it's best that you consult an immigration consultant.

This website is good place to start.

abhishekrkg

Jul 10, 2014
If we are from IT industry and been working fir an IT firm in india for 9 years. Does the foreign deputation count as the foreign experience.

Can we show it in our experience, if we have worked for 2 years onsite?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
abhishekrkg said:
If we are from IT industry and been working fir an IT firm in india for 9 years. Does the foreign deputation count as the foreign experience.

Can we show it in our experience, if we have worked for 2 years onsite?
Yes, if you worked outside of Canada, that is considered to be foreign experience. Anything or anywhere outside of Canada is considered "foreign" even the USA. ;)

abhishekrkg

Jul 10, 2014
But I am an Indian citizen. So what constitus foreign experience?

Should i mention each country worked in an as a seperate row in my profile, because the employer is the same?

abhishekrkg

Jul 10, 2014
mapleback said:
Yes, if you worked outside of Canada, that is considered to be foreign experience. Anything or anywhere outside of Canada is considered "foreign" even the USA. ;)
But I am an Indian citizen. So what constitutes foreign experience?

Should i mention each country worked in an as a seperate row in my profile? because the employer is the same, so can i mention each country as a different row?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
abhishekrkg said:
But I am an Indian citizen. So what constitus foreign experience?

Should i mention each country worked in an as a seperate row in my profile, because the employer is the same?
Foreign to Canada. If it is outside of Canada, it is foreign.

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
guys...i contacted my previous employer who happens to be one of the IT big shots in india...they said they will not provide any additional document other than my experience letter & relieving letter...what should i do now?

also, my present employer gives me a hr letter stating my joining date & my designation. other than that they said they cannot provide the job responsibilities. please suggest me a solution. i can get a letter from my superiors but not on an official letter head & seal.