+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience - Proof etc.

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
So working through the EE profile, I've highlighted about 6 years of work experience (although I have more that goes beyond the 10 years limit).

Questions:
1. Do we need to list experience that is outside of "within the last 10 years" boundary?
2. If not, do we need to provide the letter of reference/employment history letters for ALL work experience that is declared on the profile "within the last 10 years"?
OR
3. Do we only need to provide reference for the minimum number of years required (i.e. 3 years of foreign work experience), since anything over 3 years has the same value in terms of number of CRS points.

My old employer has a practice of offering only standard letters that list out only the last role held with the company (e.g. i had 3 roles/titles in my time with the company, but they will only state the last role, but will state the full duration of my time with the company). So, I'm wondering whether point 3 above is true, then I could simply not care about the old employer's reference letter and just get my recent employer (with whom I've worked for atleast 3 years) to give me the reference letter.

Thanks

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
So working through the EE profile, I've highlighted about 6 years of work experience (although I have more that goes beyond the 10 years limit).

Questions:
1. Do we need to list experience that is outside of "within the last 10 years" boundary?
2. If not, do we need to provide the letter of reference/employment history letters for ALL work experience that is declared on the profile "within the last 10 years"?
OR
3. Do we only need to provide reference for the minimum number of years required (i.e. 3 years of foreign work experience), since anything over 3 years has the same value in terms of number of CRS points.

My old employer has a practice of offering only standard letters that list out only the last role held with the company (e.g. i had 3 roles/titles in my time with the company, but they will only state the last role, but will state the full duration of my time with the company). So, I'm wondering whether point 3 above is true, then I could simply not care about the old employer's reference letter and just get my recent employer (with whom I've worked for atleast 3 years) to give me the reference letter.

Thanks
In some cases 3 years saturate CRS score but not for FSW eligibility score as it need 5 years. Hence, mentioning 6 years is safe.
Furnishing documents for the experience you denoted in the application would suffice.

For additional info, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks. I'm a little unclear on this.

How is FSW linked to CRS. Isn't it obvious that if you're CRS score is high enough e.g. assume the CRS score is 450, wouldn't that mean that that FSW score is also high enough to meet the minimum ?

How do I calculate my FSW score AND the CRS score manually ?

The purpose here is to figure out what is the minimum duration of experience I need to provide letters for in order to meet the criteria. It appears that my old employer is not able/willing to provide anything more than a generic letter that states my start date - my end date and the last role i had with that company. Therefore, I will rely on my current employer to give me the appropriate employment reference letter. At my current employer I have completed 3.5 years.

The online tool for CRS only requires only 3 years as a minimum requirement. But how do I know whether this is sufficient both from CRS score and FSW perspective ?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Thanks. I'm a little unclear on this.

How is FSW linked to CRS. Isn't it obvious that if you're CRS score is high enough e.g. assume the CRS score is 450, wouldn't that mean that that FSW score is also high enough to meet the minimum ?

How do I calculate my FSW score AND the CRS score manually ?

The purpose here is to figure out what is the minimum duration of experience I need to provide letters for in order to meet the criteria. It appears that my old employer is not able/willing to provide anything more than a generic letter that states my start date - my end date and the last role i had with that company. Therefore, I will rely on my current employer to give me the appropriate employment reference letter. At my current employer I have completed 3.5 years.

The online tool for CRS only requires only 3 years as a minimum requirement. But how do I know whether this is sufficient both from CRS score and FSW perspective ?
There are two scores that needs to be considered in the stream. 1. FSW eligibility score and 2. CRS score.

The eligibility score should be minimum 67 to apply for EE, where as CRS can be anything.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

When you thread down the above link, you will find for 3-4 years 11 points and for 6 years it's 15.

Again it's a eligibility score not CRS. If you are eligible with 3 years then you don't need to worry about this. It was just a precaution not to downplay your experience too much that it might hamper your eligibility score.

Sahas84

Aug 8, 2018
Hi All, I am in a similar situation and would greatly appreciate your inputs. I do not know my FSW points, but I am sitting on 441 with an ITA received last week.

I worked in
  • company A - 10 months ( noc 1123 )
  • company B - 10 months ( noc 1123 )
  • company C , current role - 4 years in noc 1123 and 1 year in different noc.( total 5 years and gaining experience )

So, I only have the detailed reference letter from company C which states I have worked 4 years in noc 1123 and 1 year in another role. I am planning to provide only this along with offer letter, relieving letter from my company A and B. I think my consultant mentioned 6 years total work experience in the profile while creating.

Would this suffice and not put my documentation on hold for further clarification? please advise.