27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
yes absolutely ! you can accept your ITA and proceed with your application i have a similar case except that i started working in jan 05 and i got my pgwp in april 2015 and i am still counting my experience from jan 05 2015 to jan 05 2017 . i pretty positive that we are good to go , and we can use those 2 or 3 months or Work experience
Still Adding a letter of explanation would be a smart move

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
In his specific case though he doesn't need those 2 years of work experience in order to be above the cutoff score.

He can proceed with his application whenever.
Hi,

In my case, I do need my 3 years of experience to be eligible for the invitation. My points were at 462 until Jan 1st. Then it jumped to 473 - 11 points were give for 3 year work experience but the thing is I will only complete 3 years on Feb 11th.

As everyone recommended I am going to accept the invitation that I got today but wanted to understand few things -
1. How long will the invitation stay in my profile for?
2. If the invitation stays beyond Feb 11th then would it be safer to accept it after that? Would that make any difference?
3. Or the best way to proceed is by accepting the invitation today, work on getting PCC, medical etc in the following days and submit the application after Feb 11th?

Any advise is greatly appreciated!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peruchazhi said:
Hi,

In my case, I do need my 3 years of experience to be eligible for the invitation. My points were at 462 until Jan 1st. Then it jumped to 473 - 11 points were give for 3 year work experience but the thing is I will only complete 3 years on Feb 11th.

As everyone recommended I am going to accept the invitation that I got today but wanted to understand few things -
1. How long will the invitation stay in my profile for?
2. If the invitation stays beyond Feb 11th then would it be safer to accept it after that? Would that make any difference?
3. Or the best way to proceed is by accepting the invitation today, work on getting PCC, medical etc in the following days and submit the application after Feb 11th?

Submit your eAPR only after Feb 11th.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peruchazhi said:
Hi,

1. How long will the invitation stay in my profile for? 90 days from the day you get your ITA
2. If the invitation stays beyond Feb 11th then would it be safer to accept it after that? Would that make any difference? nope you can start working on the personal information section , just dont submit it until FEB 11th
3. Or the best way to proceed is by accepting the invitation today, work on getting PCC, medical etc in the following days and submit the application after Feb 11th? yepp

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
thepilot said:
That's a different story, I think you would have to state that you were working there part time then joined as a co-op.
I graduated in Dec 2014 and applied for Postgrad in Jan 2015 which was approved in feb 2015 but i started working "Full-time" in Jan. It has nothing to with co-op

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saina0830 said:
I graduated in Dec 2014 and applied for Postgrad in Jan 2015 which was approved in feb 2015 but i started working "Full-time" in Jan. It has nothing to with co-op
as i mentioned earlier we were on implied status > in which case our experience counts . :)

Tej9999

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

Started work: 20th-Jan-2014
Quit Job: 4th-Jan-2016

Working hours per year: 1920 hours

My work experience got updated to 2 years and my score bumped to 463...

1. Should i proceed with my application by considering it as 2 years experience???
2. Or should i be calculating my score as 1 year experience?

Thanks for your replys.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tej9999 said:
Hi Guys,

Started work: 20th-Jan-2014
Quit Job: 4th-Jan-2016

Working hours per year: 1920 hours

My work experience got updated to 2 years and my score bumped to 463...

1. Should i proceed with my application by considering it as 2 years experience???
2. Or should i be calculating my score as 1 year experience?

Thanks for your replys.
1 year.

Tej9999

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
You can proceed with your application . you don;t have to decline it , i have confirmed with CIC themselves and they said EE offers you points and sends you an ITA only if you are eligible .i.e EE counts number of hours per year if you your hours of work qualifies their work experience requirement you get points in advance hence your points get awarded to you a month in advance or whatever . Now that being said the also advised you can submit your ITA Application until after Feb17 (your actual 2 years of work experience completion) .///

Hey Del, what about the above statement??
Is there any hope for me getting it considered for 2 years???

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tej9999 said:
You can proceed with your application . you don;t have to decline it , i have confirmed with CIC themselves and they said EE offers you points and sends you an ITA only if you are eligible .i.e EE counts number of hours per year if you your hours of work qualifies their work experience requirement you get points in advance hence your points get awarded to you a month in advance or whatever . Now that being said the also advised you can submit your ITA Application until after Feb17 (your actual 2 years of work experience completion) .///

Hey Del, what about the above statement??
Is there any hope for me getting it considered for 2 years???
You not only need to work for the equivalent hours of 2 years you also need to work for a 2-year period (assuming full-time basis).

You stopped working short of 2 years therefore you cannot claim 2 years of work experience.

You can get 2 years of work experience by getting another skilled position and completing the few weeks of work that you need in order to claim 2 years of work experience.

Tej9999

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
You not only need to work for the equivalent hours of 2 years you also need to work for a 2-year period (assuming full-time basis).

You stopped working short of 2 years therefore you cannot claim 2 years of work experience.

You can get 2 years of work experience by getting another skilled position and completing the few weeks of work that you need in order to claim 2 years of work experience.
I missed it by 2 weeks...

even my work permit expired, so i guess there is no way for me to gain those extra points.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tej9999 said:
I missed it by 2 weeks...

even my work permit expired, so i guess there is no way for me to gain those extra points.
you can apply for BOWP i suppose , if you still have few days left on your WP .they might decline it but you will be on implied status and that experience counts . again i could be wrong

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in need of some advice. I am in the EE pool as FSWP and was at 405 points until March 1 I got bumped up to 430. This was due to my foreign work experience which is actually 2 yrs and 11 months. The full 3 yrs will be on April 7 2017. The question is, if I get an ITA on March 15 would it be safe to apply for PR?

Note: I did 1 yr and 6 months at previous job 40 hrs a week
I currently have 1 yr and 5 months at current job

Have the others with similar issues had any issues when they submit their application?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

dumbledore

Apr 11, 2018
Hi guys, hope to get help here.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help here.

Case: Year of Award is 2016 (1 year late due to an unfortunate situation) but holding valid professional skilled work experience of 3 years (i.e., started working since July 2015). So, as of July 2018, I'll hold 3 years of valid work experience.
If I plan to file EOI is in 2018 (by Aug / Sep). What are the possible complications with such case? What would be the best way to go about it?

WES report is Masters, 2016

Posted this in the thread - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/year-of-award-complicating-existing-work-experience.561860/

Thank You!